This position is responsible for the daily operations of the entire Feed/Grain location, including building and maintaining a safe and positive work environment while maintaining a high degree of customer service and employee morale.
Five Key Roles:
Lead, Manage, Hold People Accountable
- Provide leadership by setting clear standards, goals, expectations and leading by example
- Hire, fire, review, reward and recognize employees based on core values and GWC
- Demonstrate accountability and hold others accountable
- Actively plan for employee training and development
Inventory and Quality Control
- Manage the ordering of feed ingredients and maintain all inventory
- Maintain all required records and documentation related to feed production and grain operations
- Insure accurate and timely reporting of inventory, production, packaging, and shipping
- Perform and ensure facilities and equipment are maintained in clean and safe operating condition
- ?Assist in the evaluation of new and/or replacement vehicles and equipment
- Supervise the day-to-day functions of the feed production and grain operations
- Assure that all feed/grain delivery and mill/elevator assets are utilized to their greatest potential
- Understand and ensure compliance with all transportation and environmental regulations and policies, including HACCP and FSMA
- Coordinate regularly with employees and Management on plant activities, improvement opportunities, strategic planning, key business relationships and financial matters
- Procure, buy and hedge grain from producers
- Provide prompt and courteous customer service
- Understand and communicate agricultural markets and local basis to customers and employees
- Resolve customer complaints quickly and appropriately in accordance with company policies
- Live the company brand by demonstrating a commitment to doing what s right, a solid work ethic, a strong sense of ownership, a passion for excellence, and genuine respect for others
- Attend leadership and management training and continuing education opportunities
- Observe and enforce all safety requirements and company policies including the credit policy
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient computer skills with the ability to learn other key operational computer programs
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Strong analytical and decision-making abilities
- Ability to remain flexible in a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent organizational skills including multi-tasking, planning, prioritizing and delegating
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with customers, employees, supervisors, and suppliers
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid driver s license
- Class A CDL preferred
- Meet the driver qualification standards established by the self-insured group in which the cooperative is a member
- Pre-employment drug testing required
- Comply with company's drug and alcohol policy
- Graduation from an accredited related program. Relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Minimum of five (5) years of previous operations experience. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience operating, troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining equipment
- Agricultural background desirable
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time as well as use hands or fingers to reach or handle, and to talk or hear. The employee is often required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. All vision abilities are required to encompass close-up and distant work. Must be able to tolerate and endure extended seasonal hours and maintain alertness to meet deadlines.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to machinery and moving parts, airborne particles including grain dust and hazardous materials or fumes, which will require the use of personal protective equipment (PPE). The employee is exposed to adverse weather conditions, high, precarious places and confined spaces. The noise level in some of the work environments may require the use of hearing protection. While performing the duties of this job inside the office, the employee is frequently exposed to normal working conditions for an office environment with a noise level that is usually low to moderate.