Agronomy Location Manager
Location: Denmark, WI
Position Objective: Manages sales, marketing and operational activities of Cooperative s agronomy department by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales program.
- Assess training and career development needs of sales staff.
- Assign sales territory to sales personnel.
- Work closely with the sales staff developing budgets, sales goals and marketing plans.
- Provide analysis for product sales and forecasts.
- Prepare periodic sales report showing sales volume and potential sales.
- Analyze and control expenditures of sales staff to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Develop sales patterns, advertising and promotional plans. Assists in producer meetings.
- Responsible for sales, inventories, and margin on fertilizer, ag chemicals, and seed.
- Effectively communicates with patrons, distributors and company staff.
- Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, volume potential, and price schedules.
- Recognizes the changing environment while identifying customer need and direct the resources of the company to meet those needs.
- Develop a plan that ensures that all products handled and services rendered are billed and accounted.
- Develop plans to efficiently and effectively apply fertilizer and chemicals to meet customer s expectations.
- Continually upgrades and demonstrates knowledge of the job.
- Promote the co op by maintaining a positive image and attitude.
- Uses time and resources efficiently.
Safety and Environmental Protection:
- Attends and actively participates on safety committee as requested by management.
- Attends safety meetings as requested by General Manager.
- Abides by all the co-ops safety and environmental policies and current industry standards.
- Communicates effectively with General Manager and Human Resources Manager / Safety Director on employee and environmental issues.
- Monitor s less experienced employees to ensure safe work practices.
- Takes precautions to protect self, fellow employees and the environment.
- Enforces the co-op s credit policy.
- Maintains open communication with General Manager, departments and fellow employees.
- Establishes personal performance goals and works toward these goals.
- Upgrades training by learning on the job, attending schools or seminars, and/or reading product and industry information as requested by General Manager.
- Cooperates with other employees.
- Performs duties as requested by General Manager and other management that are not covered in the document.
- Abides by policies set forth in the employee policy manual.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.