The Field Support Representative supports dealers in an assigned region in preventing and solving after sale service issues for products marketed by Kuhn North America. Region includes Colorado and portions of NE/KS/OK/NM/TX. 70% travel required. Home-based position.
- Solve customer service needs with required urgency
- Understand complete Kuhn North America product line and all service needs, with a regional focus on specific products
- Helpful and favorable image of Company
- Treat people fairly
- Confidentiality of Company information
- Continuously improve systems
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned within or outside of the assigned geographical area.
- Serve as the after sales service representative for dealers and customers for an assigned geographical region. Resolve customer complaints or problems concerning company products for all KNA products sold in the assigned region.
- Communicate in person or answer telephone calls and respond to inquiries regarding questions on after sales service issues, parts issues, product uses or applications. Forward more in-depth or complex service issues to the appropriate Technical Service Specialist or Technical Parts Specialist.
- Conduct training presentations (group or individual) aimed at teaching dealer personnel proper set-up, maintenance and service of KNA products and on the use of the after-sales extranet (parts lookup, parts ordering and warranty claims etc).
- Support the sales activities and goals of the Territory and Regional Managers of the assigned region. Represent KNA at farm and trade shows by assisting customers with product questions, technical inquiries and assisting with show set-up and takedown as requested. Upon request, conduct dealer inventory audit or dealer calls to low volume dealers.
- Assist with new product introductions and relay market trends to respective Product Manager (competitive products, design enhancements, etc.).
- Support dealers in after-sales customer relations. Assist in the product demonstration, new product set-up and after sales support of products marketed by Kuhn North America.
- Communicate with and advise dealership service management/personnel on a quarterly (or as needed) basis regarding TIP and service bulletins, warranty issues/questions, new machine assembly inspection, etc.
- Communicate with and advise dealership parts management/personnel regarding parts programs, early order programs, parts marketing potential etc.
- Perform field service campaigns in assigned region as required and assigned.
- Evaluate and report the dealers service capabilities in the assigned region, including personnel, facilities, tools, experience, and service library.
- Conduct product evaluation for assigned products in development in the assigned region.
- Participate in the Company s team process to develop and improve service processes and procedures.
- Continually strive to find better ways to complete tasks and be the best in the industry.
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly fashion and conform to all quality and safety procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience - An associate s or bachelor s degree in agricultural mechanics or agricultural engineering technology is preferred. The position requires knowledge and skills in the areas of customer service, mechanics/repair, electronics, hydraulics, welding, and torch cutting. Application knowledge and experience in word processing (Word),
spreadsheet applications (Excel), database management (Lotus Notes), presentation software (PowerPoint), Internet, and e-mail is preferred.