Responsible for the development of industry leading technical leadership of growing pig management to support optimal cost and performance of JBS Live Pork growing pigs. A successful candidate will achieve world class results through a very strong technical capacity, a compelling desire for continuous improvement, and a passion for teaching and learning. The Wean-to-Finish Technical Director will own the development and maintenance of best practices to optimize productivity, including training programs, to deploy to field based teams who will execute the program. Focus areas include ventilation, pig care, feeding, welfare and marketing in the grow out phases. This person will be a thought leader and represent the JBS Brand in the industry, to attract world class talent.
(Order of essential functions does not indicate importance of function)
- Responsible for developing and implementing SOP’s across all regions. Including but not limited to:
- Air, feed, and watering expectations
- Barn set up.
- Receiving and first week expectations for weaned pigs and feeder pigs.
- Records analysis and evaluation of trends to drive continuous improvement.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining pig caretaker training programs with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Responsible for providing technical support in all areas of wean-to-finish (nursery, WTF, nursery-to-finish) production.
- Assist in developing budgets and forecasting production.
- Assist in developing team goals (KPI’s)
- Assist in performance and development of staff, including providing training on SOP’s and other pertinent topics.
- Assist in managing contract relationships.
- Responsible for ensuring documentation is kept by the region for all team trainings.
- Assist in the design of an onboarding program for new employees hired into the wean-to-market phase of production.
- Continue to learn and develop industry leading production skills.
- Maintain a working knowledge of new industry technologies, equipment, and processes.
- Support R&D efforts through applicable field trials
- Support other Shared Service teams to ensure the success of JBS Live Pork
- Ability to execute technical support for approximately 5.6 million market pigs across the US and drive performance in the wean-to-market portion of the JBS Live Pork business.
- Ability to assimilate large amounts of data and make effective decisions.
- Lead, mentor, and manage relationships across technical and production teams and foster a collaborative work environment and promote professional development.
- 4-year degree or minimum of 10-years applicable experience required.
- Minimum of 5-years’ experience managing a team
- Very high level of technical skill related to production records analysis, ventilation, pig care and welfare, biosecurity processes and procedures and feeder management.
- Working knowledge of MS Office including MS Excel
- Excellent communication skills including public speaking and motivating team members through influence instead of direct management.
- Proven ability to build relationships, influence, and drive performance.
- Must be located in Missouri or Iowa
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel as needed including overnight.
- Ability to work with all office equipment is required.
- Ability to travel regularly, including overnight as required.
- General live production conditions
- Extended hours are required as needed.
Interested in joining our Team? Submit your Application Package by clicking the APPLY TO THIS POSITION icon.