The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
The Simplot Digital Experience team is a newly formed organization within Simplot comprised of cross-functional, collaborative and digital first individuals with the goal of creating innovative solutions to support the company’s customer-facing digital assets. We are starting from the ground up and looking for motivated and self-driven individuals to help bring this team to life.
To help us achieve our mission, we are hiring 4 Software Engineers to join our team.
The primary function of this position is to work as a member of a software development team to support the Digital IT needs of the disparate business units globally. Business needs are facilitated directly in this role via the delivery engineer’s ability to design, write, and test code for new as well as legacy systems and software.
- Using desired skillset (tools, process and development language knowledge) to create software solutions for business requests and correct software related issues
- Root cause analysis and elegant solutioning both individually and collaboratively for software related challenges. Requirements interpretation to understand the core needs of the business such that an accurate software solution design can be realized efficiently.
- Solid, scalable, and efficient solution designs to satisfy current requested business requirements and be extendable enough for reuse in future business needs.
- To objectively assess the degree of conformance of the system to stated requirements and specifications. Testing verifies that the system meets the different requirements including, functional, performance, reliability, security, usability and so on
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from 4 year college or university
- Expert Level experience with C#, ASP.NET Framework/Core
- Expert level knowledge of object oriented, software design patterns and architectural paradigms such as MVC, MVVM and MVM.
- Deep functional knowledge and hands on design experience with web services (REST, SOAP, etc).
- Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to e-commerce web applications.
- Experience working with Sql repositories
- Experience working with source control management systems (git, subversion) and concepts branching, merging and hot fixes.
Front End specific:
- Strong understanding of cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- Proficient understanding of web markup, (HTML, HTML5, CSS, BootStrap)
- Server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, (LESS,SASS)
- Asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Responsive FE concepts
- Comprehension of front-end optimization techniques which maximum performance and scalability such as spriting, caching and bundling
- Agile SDLC environment experience
- Assess technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Perform testing, validation and verification of web applications
- Collaboration with multi-functional/globally distributed teams to understand the business requirements, provide architectures, and mentor.
- Planning/delivering software platforms used across multiple products and organizational units.
- Strong communication skills
Nice to have:
- CMS (Sitecore) experience
- Cloud Computing paradigms
Job Requisition ID:1550
Location(s):Simplot Headquarters - Boise
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**
If you require technical assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.