The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
This job will maintain and operate all equipment, including air compressors, HVAC equipment, and the ammonia refrigeration system.
The individual in this position will be required to fully understand the purpose and operation of the refrigeration systems and have the ability to make basic decisions based on sound judgment when a situation dictates. It is imperative that the refrigeration operators conduct themselves in a manner that ensures alertness and constant awareness of the safe operation of equipment and their surroundings.
Performs refrigeration operational and maintenance duties. Performs defrost on all freezer evaporators.
Ensures the accuracy of data reporting systems such as refrigeration logs, fire protection systems, and cold storage warehouse recorders.
Works on trouble-shooting a large ammonia facility, work on related preventative maintenance work orders and duties that require two or more employees.
Operates and maintains the compressed air system, HVAC and AMU units, as well as the Fire Protection System.
Plays a supporting role in the continued progress of plant process safety management system (PSM).
Performs basic duties using ammonia full face gas mask. Certification is required.
Performs acetylene cutting and heating in a safe and correct manner when repairing and fabricating equipment.
Understands fully lock/out tag out procedures both for electrical and valve shut off.
Performs all such other duties as may be reasonably assigned by Manager
- Has completed Refrigeration Operator SJT forms.
- Must complete Refrigeration Operator SJT
- Phase 1 within 45 days of hire date
- Phase 2 within 6 Months of hire date
- Phase 3 within 1 Year 6 Months of hire date
- Job Description Addition – CARO Refrigeration Operator
- Within 2 years of hire date complete CARO Refrigeration Operator SJT which includes (based on past and present work experience) testing, passing, and maintaining RETA “CARO” certification.
- Job Description Addition – CIRO Refrigeration Operator
- Complete CIRO Refrigeration Operator SJT which includes (based on past and present work experience) testing, passing, and maintaining RETA “CIRO” certification.
|1+ years related experience and/or training|
CIRO, CARO, RETA preferred
• Available to work night shift (7pm to 7am) and overtime shifts as needed.
• Math and computer skills.
• Forklift experience preferred, but on-the-job training is provided.
• Must be able to perform activities such as walking, standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, stair and ladder climbing on a daily basis.
• Must be able to lift a case of French fries – maximum 40 lbs.
PAY: $25.52/hour + night shift differential
12 hour shifts. Employees work a 2-week rotation, working Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday (4 shifts) on Week 1 and Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday (3 shifts) on Week 2.
Employees will be assigned to either 7AM to 7PM (Crew A and B) or 7PM to 7AM shifts (Crew C and D).
The monthly schedule does not include rotating from nights to days.
Employees enjoy having a 3-day weekend every other week.
Employees will receive 8 hours of time and half overtime on their 48 hour week schedule.
Job Requisition ID:2166
Location(s):FG Plant - Grand Forks
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**
If you require technical assistance, please email us at email@example.com.