The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
This job will ensure that the trucks of raw product are efficiently and effectively unloaded in a manner consistent with safety, quality and production goals. This job will also be responsible for recording shipments and maintaining the work area in a neat and orderly manner.
- Raw Operators will be required to cross train with Raw Receiving Leads and Peeler Operators.
- Ensures there is no injury to self or others by following safe work practices (including Standard Operating Procedures) and policies.
- Attend and participate in all training activities for the position. Ensure the acquired skills and knowledge are applied.
- Ensures self-compliance with Company policies, Standard Operating Procedures, and the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Ensures receiving equipment is operational and meets requirements for mainlines raw need when producing product and is inspected and cleaned during clean-up periods.
- Ensures the safe and accurate unloading of trucks.
- Performs limited driving of bobcat, front loader, and forklift to perform assigned job duties.
- Communicates raw inventories between trucking, peeler room, load crew and shift manager.
- Assists in training foreign material inspectors and sanitation.
- Coordinates break times with sanitation and foreign material inspectors.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
1+ years related experience and/or training
• Available to work night shift (7pm to 7am) and overtime shifts as needed.
• Math and computer skills.
• Forklift experience preferred, but on-the-job training is provided.
• Must be able to perform activities such as walking, standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, stair and ladder climbing on a daily basis.
• Must be able to lift a case of French fries – maximum 40 lbs.
PAY: $17.90/hour + night shift differential
12 hour shifts. Employees work a 2-week rotation, working Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday (4 shifts) on Week 1 and Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday (3 shifts) on Week 2.
Employees will be assigned to either 7AM to 7PM (Crew A and B) or 7PM to 7AM shifts (Crew C and D).
The monthly schedule does not include rotating from nights to days.
Employees enjoy having a 3-day weekend every other week.
Employees will receive 8 hours of time and half overtime on their 48 hour week schedule.
Job Requisition ID:1666
Location(s):FG Plant - Grand Forks
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**
If you require technical assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.