The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
The Maintenance Mechanic diagnoses processing equipment problems, repairs minor and major breakdown of vegetable processing equipment, performs preventative maintenance items, improves line efficiencies and ensures all equipment is in safe working condition.
- Performs processing equipment repair, overhaul, and troubleshooting of equipment; changes and replaces belts, sprockets, bearings, chains, motors, etc.
- Evaluates equipment for performance, performs adjustments, replaces parts, etc. as needed to ensure uninterrupted processing of vegetables
- Performs routine and non-routine checks and preventative maintenance tasks established by the Maintenance Supervisor or Manager
- Familiar with proper start-up and shut down of processing equipment
- Assists in overhauling processing equipment after the processing season
- Performs other duties as assigned
|High school diploma or general education degree (GED)|
Experience with troubleshooting mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical and electronic systems
2+ years prior experience in a processing environment
- Good knowledge of computer systems
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to read and write in English
- Ability to work any shift, weekend and overtime if required
- Ability to balance multiple tasks, be flexible and work well under pressure
- Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision and exercise good judgment
Job Requisition ID:2113
Location(s):FG Plant - Pasco
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**
If you require technical assistance, please email us at email@example.com.