The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
This job directs and controls all facility functions to assure that Simplot's standards are met. The Plant Manager is accountable for the performance of the entire operation. The various functions undertaken at this facility include the selection and training of management personnel, an hourly labor force, cost analysis, budget preparation, selection of raw product and factory supplies, control of the processing operation, risk management, labor relations, labor contract negotiations, community involvement, maintenance, upkeep of physical assets, capital and operations improvements.
- Ensure the interface with other support groups is conducted in a manner that is conducive with the corporate, division and operations goals.
- Ensures that the Plant Policies, Procedures and Union contracts are administered and followed in a fair and consistent manner.
- Direct the production operation and quality assurance function to assure food safety, Company and regulatory requirements.
- Direct the Loss Control program to reduce personal injury accidents and other losses to the Company.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner and ensures personal appearance meets the standards necessary to perform the job function while representing the Company.
- Structure the plant organization, select key personnel and develop and motivate subordinates to assure short and long term competent staff performance and management continuity.
- Direct negotiations of labor contracts and participate in relations activities to maintain a stable and productive work force.
- Direct the operation to assure the facility achieves the required volume, grade yield, cost and quality as set forth in each area by the Division’s management direction.
- Direct the plant accounting and cost control function and monitor expenses to assure attainment of budget.
- Participate in negotiations of raw product contracts and direct field activities to obtain needed quantities of suitable raw product at competitive prices.
|Bachelor's Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from 4 year college or university|
- Experience in the chemical processing or oil and gas industry preferred
- Industrial experience preferred
Job Requisition ID:2334
Location(s):AB Plant - Lathrop
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**
If you require technical assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.