The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
Simplot Grower Solutions is looking to fill an Operations Support position in Berea, NE. Full-time position with full benefits and the opportunity for substantial over-time hours. The primary responsibility is to assist with daily plant operations and operate field application equipment.
- Under general direction, performs a variety of job responsibilities which may include delivery of fertilizer and chemical products to customers from the Unit office, equipment and plant maintenance work, and fertilizer blending.
- Operate field application equipment (ex. sprayer)
- May assist with record keeping related to warehouse/inventory responsibilities.
- Performs varied responsibilities such as: equipment and plant maintenance including welding, pump and engine overhauls, painting, and general housekeeping responsibilities; loading and delivering fertilizer and chemicals to customers; operating equipment to blend fertilizer; monitoring product application by calculating amounts, calibrating equipment, controlling application rates, and cleaning and storing equipment after application process; receiving and unloading product and performing warehouse inventory and storage functions.
- Miscellaneous duties such as assisting with special projects, attending training sessions, providing back-up when needed, etc.
Disclaimer - These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Less than high school education
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Knowledge of basic farm equipment and operation is preferred.
- Knowledge of field application equipment.
- Knowledge of local geography a plus
- Licenses: Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with HazMat Endorsement
- One plus years related experience. Knowledge of basic farm equipment and operation.
- Ability to do a variety of tasks in succession, i.e., blending products together, loading a truck, and driving the truck to a farm
Job Requisition ID:709
Location(s):SGS Berea Retail - Alliance
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**
If you require technical assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.