The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
The Electrician is responsible for analyzing, planning, and installing all electrical power distribution, control systems, and components throughout the facility. This individual maintains and repairs wiring, lights, fixtures, motors, and control equipment. The Electrician troubleshoots, analyzes electrical problems, suggests and implements solutions for parts and equipment.
- Troubleshoots tests, repairs, installs, and removes electrical equipment including, but not limited to distribution, generation, motors, control systems/ VFD's, and lighting systems from 12 volts to 4160 volts.
- Analyzes processes and recommends electrical system upgrades and modifications.
- Performs mechanical work on electrical equipment including, but not limited to equipment installation, support brackets, conduit runs, and mechanical adjustment of linkages and switches.
- Selects proper equipment sizes, wire and conduit sixes, breaker, switch, fuse sizes and settings based on code and manufacturer’s documentation. Mathematically determines proper components and installation requirements.
- Plans new installations or repair of existing systems to minimize material waste, to provide access for future maintenance, and to avoid unsightly, hazardous, and/or unreliable wiring while complying with specifications, plant standards, and electrical codes.
- Performs preventative maintenance (PM) on all electrical equipment throughout the plant.
- Reads, troubleshoots, and constructs from various types of electrical and mechanical drawings and manuals. Designs and documents simple electrical systems. Creates and maintains equipment files for electrical systems.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviews technical publications; proactively participates in learning new technologies related to electrical work.
- Wears the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) including, but not limited to steel-toed boots, safety glasses, hard hat, hearing protection, respirator, fire-retardant clothing, gloves, and dark welders face shield as required. May be required to wear additional PPE based on specific job duties.
High school diploma or GED; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Minimum of four (4) years experience and/or training in a manufacturing or chemical plant.
- Journeyperson card is desired
- Knowledge of electrical theory, codes, and industry standards wiring practices.
- Intermediate math skills and reasoning; ability to measure accurately.
- Knowledge of plant electrical equipment including, but not limited to Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), variable speed drives, timers, relays, transformers, breakers, switches, limit switches, starters, lighting systems, power distribution systems, and communication systems.
- Ability to read and comprehend safety regulations and policies, and to implement safe operating practices.
- Ability to work independently or under minimal supervision; a team player, and ability to work with multiple disciplines.
- Required to operate a fork lift, person lift, and/or other equipment as needed; valid driver’s license required.
- Required to maintain reliable, regular attendance.
This job requires the ability to work in excess of eight hours per day, off-duty hours, and weekends to reach operational goals and compliance requirements. This individual must have the ability to operate a front-end loader, forklift, and/or other motorized equipment. Job duties may require the ability to climb stairs, climb ladders, bend, stoop, reach, lift, grip, push, pull, move and/or carry equipment which may be in excess of 50 pounds. In order to perform the duties of this job, the incumbent may be required to walk in excess of 500 yards to reach equipment/areas across the facility. This individual uses frequent repetitive motions with hands and/or feet to complete job duties; may be required to walk on uneven or slippery surfaces and stand for extended periods of time. The incumbent may perform job duties from a ladder, scaffolding, or elevated place as necessary.
Working in this plant operations environment requires the use of safety equipment to include, but not limited to safety glasses, hearing protection, steel-toed boots, hard hat, face shield, respiratory protective equipment, and uniforms. This individual may be subject to variations in noise levels and temperature changes due to weather conditions. While performing the duties of this job, this individual is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. Loose fitting clothing, open toe/heel shoes and the wearing of contact lenses are not permitted.
Job Requisition ID:2363
Location(s):AB Plant - Lathrop
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**
If you require technical assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.