The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. We are a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
This role will supervise and coordinate the activities of work crew engaged in farm shop activities and general farm activities as well as equipment operation, planting, irrigating, and/or harvesting of crops and maintenance of the farm.
- Supervision of farm shops; supervision of work performed, planning, scheduling, PM programs, troubleshooting potential problems, keeping all mechanical operations of the farms running smoothly, purchasing responsibilities for repairs and shop supplies under company guidelines.
- Supervision of irrigation mechanics, pumps, and staff.
- Examines farm equipment for malfunctions; schedules regular maintenance service on farm equipment; performs minor mechanical repairs to equipment and machinery in order to reduce costly equipment downtime.
- Performs a variety of maintenance tasks during the year to ensure smooth operation of the farm shops as well as out on the farms.
- Operate equipment to perform farming functions including but not limited to, disking, plowing, ripping, planting, spraying, and cultivating in order to prepare soil and plant crops according to schedules.
- Directs job assignments of farm workers and shop crews; ensures farm workers and shop workers and operations comply with established safety procedures and guidelines.
- Assists inexperienced equipment operators and/or farm workers with new tasks in order to maximize productivity and minimize costs associated with training.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems and assists workers in solving work problems in order to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of employee work hours.
|Associate's Degree (A.A. or equivalent)|
|1+ years related experience and/or training with large-scale irrigation|
Must have agriculture/farming background. Restricted use chemical and chemigation license, or the ability to earn one, desired. Must have basic computer skills. Must possess a valid driver's license and good driving record. Demonstrated knowledge of pivot irrigation systems' repair and maintenance. Ability to read and interpret documents; write routine reports and correspondence; and speak effectively before groups of employees.
Job Requisition ID:2098
Location(s):Pasco Farm - Burbank
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**
If you require technical assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.