The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
This key role is responsible for the development and management of Simplot Land & Livestock custom feeding programs, including cattle procurement, cattle performance analysis and fat cattle sales and scheduling. This includes management of customer accounts; identifying and developing new prospects. The primary focus is on sales targets, business development, building customer relationships and resolving customer issues for the J.R. Simplot Grand View, Idaho and/or Pasco, Washington feedlots.
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from 4 year college or university
- 5 – 10 years agricultural related sales experience with an emphasis on cattle and business acumen.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions of a complex nature within operating guidelines where independent judgment and creativity are required.
- Effectively communicate and negotiate with customers, middle to senior management, and peers.
- Strong interpersonal savvy skills; able to foster a sense of teamwork and collaboration with others.
- Ability to deliver superior results on time by working independently with minimal supervision.
Very strong interpersonal skills; able to foster a sense of teamwork and collaboration with others. Negotiation skills and comprehensive knowledge of the beef industry, particularly the cow/calf, stocker and feedlot segments.. Excellent and effective written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work independently in a remote location. Able to deliver results on time.
Job Requisition ID:2073
Travel Required:Up to 25%
Location(s):Simplot Feeders Pasco Feedlot - Burbank
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**
If you require technical assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.