Helena Agri-Enterprises, LLC, a national agricultural-chemical company, has an immediate opening for a Forestry Application Specialist in the Washington, Oregon, and Idaho areas,
- Must be 21 years or older
- Be capable to tow trailer of 10,000 lbs or more and operate off highway in forest setting
- High school diploma and experience in forestry silviculture operations.Prefer Associate degree in Forestry.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for report writing and customer interaction.
- Forestry Vegetation Management background with aerial application focus.
- Basic knowledge of Industrial Forest management herbicides, weed identification and crop tree identification.
- Current Class 2 CDL and pesticide license or willingness to obtain.
- Excellent driving record.
- Ability to read field maps / electronic mapping systems.
- Professional competence to safety.
- Ability to pass a CDL physical examination.
- Ability to work without direct supervision and to use independent judgement to make decisions based on company and client objectives.
- Flexibility to travel overnight for multiple nights per week.
- Willingness and ability to safely and efficiently walk on uneven, brushy terrain under sometimes adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to load / unload 70+ pound objects.
- Manage Herbicide applications to Industrial Forestland for large and small timber producing clients.
- Correctly Prescribe Herbicides for plantation silviculture requirements.
- Identifies weed species.
- Ensures the wearing of proper safety / protection equipment.
- Maintains all records of applied chemicals, rates of product, and wind and weather conditions at the time of application
- Coordinates treatment applications with sales reps and customers including informing customers of product to be used, product rates
- Coordinates product shipping and delivery to customer / application sites in coordination with sales reps.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- Continues education for maintaining pesticide applicator license.
- Attends applicator workshops.
- Performs maintenance on other equipment and fixed facilities.
- Pulls soil samples.
- Picks up and delivers farm chemicals, fertilizer and seed.
- Various Warehouse Duties
We offer an excellent working environment and an outstanding compensation and benefits package.
Helena is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.