|Want notifications for new jobs like this? Provide your information below to setup an alert.|
|Your alert was created successfully|
PLEASE NOTE: We will not reply if your resume does not meet position requirements. Please understand your education and experience must match our job listings for you to be considered. You must be a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident to be considered for any U.S. positions.
There is NO closing date on this position. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
- Proven "hands on" management experience in commercial crop production, turf production preferably, though not required
- Prefer 3 years in a leadership position overseeing crew
- BS degree in agriculture or similar major with emphasis in the science of plants, soils, water & entomology and resources economics is a plus, not required
- High degree of honesty and integrity
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, written and verbally, ranging from field laborers to senior managers
- Need to be bilingual Spanish
- Solid computer skills a plus, especially spreadsheets and ability to use large amounts of data effectively in decision making; knowledge of Agrian software is a plus
- Ability to focus on details, work under pressure, multitask & complete projects on time, operate within budget according to plans and specifications
- Highly organized
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Represent the company in a friendly, professional manner with any and all external contacts, reflecting a customer service mentality
- Respect confidentiality of the company at all times
- Schedule, prioritize, and organize work effectively to meet or exceed deadlines
- Be teachable and coachable, with a positive attitude; work cooperatively in a team environment, and accept criticism without defensiveness
- Employee must exhibit flexibility in performing assigned and other tasks that arise
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is searching for a Turf Farm Manager who will oversee multiple farm managers in multi-states. This is a large southeastern U.S. Crop Production Company that is in multiple states. Person doesn't have to have turf or sugarcane experience, but will need at least commercial crop production background, and have good experience managing multiple farm managers. Need to be a manager of managers. Need someone who knows operations, business planning, management; production and material planning; finished product production; quality assurance; inventory control; efficient use of materials and packaging components; shipping, continuous improvement; and capital and expense fund management. Formulate and recommend policies and programs that guide the organization in Growing, Maintaining and Improving its competitive position and profitability of the operation. Monitor, report and take action on Key Performance Indicators (KPI s), providing appropriate facilities and technically sound production systems that have sufficient capacity to supply product demands. Delivering customer service levels that meet internal and external requirements. Ensuring customer satisfaction and optimum quality. Developing and meeting safety, cost of sales, quality, environmental, and finished product output. Will hire, train, develop each location farm manager. Take corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations. Person will visit each farm location on a regular basis.
Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Matching 401k, Paid Vacation after 6 months, Company Vehicle, Phone, Laptop, Credit Card, Gym Reimbursement
ALL INQUIRIES ARE KEPT CONFIDENTIAL. NO FEES TO APPLICANTS.
If you feel that you are not a candidate for this position, but know someone who is, we do offer a Referral Bonus if we place your referral into this position.
To apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION