At the J.R. Simplot Company, you will have the opportunity to help us bring earth's resources to life. For this particular role we are looking for someone who is ready to make a difference through day to day work. You will help assist in a variety of different task while cultivating relationships with others at Simplot. If you are looking for a way to build upon your academic accomplishments, please consider applying today. We currently have an intern position available at our Vernal Mine - Vernal, UT.
What you will do:
- Perform quality maintenance and PM maintenance, trouble shooting, (Hydraulic, Electrical, A/C, and Powertrain) repair and rebuild on mining equipment
- Operate and maintain service trucks, cranes, and other transportation vehicles
- Prepare and present safety tips and safety meetings
- Housekeeping duties (work areas as assigned)
- Recognize and report potential hazards
- File accurate maintenance records and reports
- Perform any tasks assigned
- Work with Simplot mechanics as assigned
- Operate equipment for troubleshooting procedures
- Prompt and regular attendance and safe work performance required
- Understand and comply with all company policies and procedures and government regulations
What you already have:
- MSHA new miner and annual refresher training.
- Associates degree/certification in diesel and automotive mechanics or equivalent combination of education and mechanical experience.
- Troubleshooting and repair experience: mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic failures.
- Ability to operate equipment in the course of repair.
- Good written and oral communication skills; legible handwriting.
- Ability to interface effectively with others.
- Thorough understanding of tools and their proper use.
- Ability to read, understand, and utilize repair and parts manuals.
- Cutting and welding experience.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 pounds, ability to climb stairs and ladders, climb on and off heavy equipment, work at elevated heights and in cramped quarters, walk on uneven terrain, work outside in adverse weather conditions and safely perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must have required tools per tool list.
- Willingness to work shift work and overtime as required.
- Valid UT driver’s license or ability to get one.
- Proven record of prompt and regular attendance.
- Proven record of dependability and safe work performance.
For best results, please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document.