Job Title: Maintenance - Yard
Reports To: Manager Yard Maintenance and Assistant Manager Yard Maintenance
FLSA Status: Hourly, Ag exempt
Function: Assists in various capacities around yard department including: pen maintenance, groundskeeping, painting, cleaning, and tank washing/repair. Performs the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Identifies pens to be cleaned through communication with management and receiving personnel.
- Maintains road surfaces, bunk pads, pens and alleys by filling in holes, controlling dust and removing accumulated manure; takes care to leave hard pack intact while also maintaining pen slope and grade; operates heavy equipment.
- Helps ensure continuous supply of fresh water to cattle by performing repairs to water system and tanks.
- Mows grass/weeds and sweeps bunks by operating tractor/mower; replaces broken cable, clips or fence; paints or re-paints pens, building, etc...
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing servicing requirements specified by manager (may include: fueling, checking fluid levels, checking filters, greasing, and cleaning equipment).
- Complies with all applicable safety rules and policies.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Expected to demonstrate understanding of Company policies, adapt to changes in the work environment, exhibit sound and accurate judgment, observe safety and security procedures, and report potentially unsafe conditions .
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.