|Want notifications for new jobs like this? Provide your information below to setup an alert.|
|Your alert was created successfully|
JOB TITLE: Mechanic
REPORTS TO: Manager Yard Maintenance
FLSA STATUS: Hourly, Ag exempt
FUNCTION: Ensures operation of machinery by performing preventative maintenance and repair. Performs the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
• Completes preventative maintenance requirements and repairs for rolling stock including: feedtrucks, tractors, and other heavy equipment.
• Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devises in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
• Removes defective parts by dismantling devise; using hoists, and hand/power tools.
• Complies with all applicable safety rules and policies.
• Manages department parts and tool inventories by researching costs, designing inventory systems, determining inventory levels, anticipating needed supplies and placing orders.
• Manages expenses by studying historical data, anticipating needs and researching costs.
• Maintains shop appearance by disposing of trash, putting away supplies/tools, sweeping, etc...
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Knowledge of vehicle mechanics and heavy equipment including diesel engines.
• Basis knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software and Database software.
• Valid driver's license.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Expected to coordinate projects, participate in meetings, understand business implications of decisions, work within approved budget, develop and implement cost saving measures, conserve organizational resources, demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy, adapts to changes in the work environment, exhibit sound and accurate judgment, observe safety and security procedures, and report potentially unsafe conditions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Lift, push, pull, stand, sit, kneel, squat, climb, reach, grasp, all physical requirements required of a Mechanic position. I understand that these are my primary duties and that I may be asked to perform other duties, either in my work area or in other departments, to contribute to the success of Five Rivers.To apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION