JOB TITLE: Doctor
REPORTS TO: Head Doctor
FLSA STATUS: Hourly, Ag-exempt
FUNCTION: Diagnoses and treatment of livestock in Feedlot by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Examines and medically treats livestock according to protocols established by management and consulting veterinarian; administers treatment in a humane manner.
- Internally examines dead animals to determine cause of death.
- Administers treatment in accordance with product labeling: IM, IV, SQ, orally, etc…
- Legibly records tag number, lot number, hospital number, withdrawal dates, and treatment administered to each animal; computer data entry of tag numbers, lot numbers, hospital numbers, withdrawal dates and treatments.
- Assists Head Doctor in keeping accurate medicine inventory by recording quantities used and physically counting remaining supplies.
- Ensures that hospital cattle have sufficient feed and water by calling feed on hospital pens and checking water tanks; maintains cleanliness of feed bunks.
- Complies with all applicable safety rules and policies.\r\n
- Ability to accurately read and record large volumes of numbers.
- Knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software and Database software.
- Valid driver’s license.\r\n
Expected to conserve organizational resources, adapt to changes in the work environment, have the ability to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events, exhibit sound and accurate judgment, prioritize and plan work activities, set goals and objectives, observe safety and security procedures, and report potentially unsafe conditions .
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to airborne particles and outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.