Come join us at Darling Ingredients www.darlingii.com -- we repurpose & reuse rather than discarding what others might consider as waste. We capture valuable ingredients and nutrients to help maximize what nature has to offer, providing components for a wide range of products, including pet food, fertilizer and biofuel.
Please check out our story to find out more about Darling Ingredients.
The Finished Good Merchandiser will be responsible for managing the sale of Darling fats to feed and renewable fuels markets and will also spend time dedicated to project work.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Primarily sells domestic fats to feed and renewable fuels markets.
- Seeks out and develops relationships with both finished product customers and 3rd party suppliers.
- Manages and coordinates fats position as well as transportation for various facilities.
- Communicates fats positions and transportation with Fats team, operations & logistics managers.
- Purchases 3rd party fats for sale or blending.
- Responsible for documentation of contracts.
- Manages quality overview for fats at various facilities to ensure proper destinations are approved.
- Resolves any issues associated with transactions.
- Supplements daily duties with project work to enhance value and efficiency of sales team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required; graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in commodity trading or Ag/ Food ingredient sales.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative, on-site work environment, which will include participation in unscheduled discussions and troubleshooting on an as-needed basis.
- Keen ability to understand landed-cost economics.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with customers, suppliers, and operations managers.
- Ability to understand and arbitrage the sale of ingredients/raw material supplies into the feed and renewable fuels markets.
- Knowledge of scheduling required.
- Ability to use initiative & independent judgement.
- Excellent decision-making skills.
- Excellent verbal & written communications.
- Ability to learn Oracle and use it to analyze finished goods sales and optimize scheduling.
- Excellent PC skills in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work & concentrate in trading room environment which often includes noise & distractions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize merchandising duties and various project work.
- Frequently required to walk, stand, sit; regularly work at a desk in front of a computer screen.
- Frequently required to lift up to 10 lbs.
- Occasionally required to push, pull, move, stoop, kneel, crawl, and crouch or lift up to 20 lbs.
- Regularly required reach with hands and arms.
- Domestic travel will be required with some attendance to industry related conferences.
Job functions will be carried out in an office environment.
Darling Ingredients Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or, protected veteran status. EEO is the Law: If you would like more information, please click on the link or paste into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf