CSS Farms, a multi-state agricultural business, strives to provide innovative solutions and superior quality and service to our customers. We proudly and relentlessly continue to meet the highest standards of stewardship when it comes to the three things we value most: our land, our employees, and our communities.
We are a team-oriented company with a high trust, entrepreneurial culture. We value our employees opinions, we have a strong work ethic, and are focused on growing great vegetables and developing our operations profitably. People who are most successful at CSS Farms are energetic, self-directed, and pragmatic.
The Shipping Supervisor works with the Farm Manager and other CSS team members to effectively manage shipping storage potatoes. This position will flex time at locations in Holbrook and American Falls, ID while managing seasonal and full-time shipping workers and graders.
In this role, you will:
- Provide operational leadership in the process of shipping bulk and bagged potatoes; supervise sorting line crew to execute daily work safely and effectively
- Coordinate with transportation partners for inbound and outbound logistics and communication to customers
- Assist with potato quality management and communication of quality specification to meet customer service requirements
- Communicate daily shipments to key stakeholders including corporate staff and customers
- Provide maintenance assistance when needed to ensure sorting line equipment is operating effectively
- Conduct seed treatments as requested by customers
- Monitor potato storages to ensure proper operation including computer control panels
- Troubleshoot and perform mechanical maintenance on storage components and work with storage vendors to ensure storage reliability
- Participate in storage control decision making with team and provide direct communication to Farm Manager of status changes
- Manage sorting line crew to execute cleaning and disinfecting protocols
Other Operational Responsibilities:
- Manage the seed inbound logistics, seed storage, and seed cutting operations
- Provide on-site leadership and coordination during potato harvest to ensure proper handling, suberization, and storage of product
- Supervise harvest sampling protocols
- Perform other general farm responsibilities with team as directed by Farm Manager
- A valid driver s license or the ability to obtain one as well as pass vehicle insurance verification.
- 5+ years experience managing shipping operations
- Previous experience working with potatoes or other vegetable crops
- Associates of Applied Science or Bachelors of Science degree in an agricultural related field
- 2+ years experience in potato storage
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
- Superior organization and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, train, and communicate well.
- Self-directed, yet consensus driven, with the ability to implement solutions with team input.
- General computer skills
- Market competitive salary
- Healthcare, Dental and Vision coverage as outlined in the company benefits overview.
- Flex spending account for out-of-pocket medical expenses.
- Company matched 401(k) plan options.
- Short Term Disability Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, and Life Insurance.
- A paid time off package.
- Tuition reimbursement options.
CSS Farms is an EOE.
CSS Farms expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.