CSS Farms is a multi-state agricultural business with a mission of Growing Great Together. We achieve this by leading the way in stewardship and solutions for every field, every load, every day.
At CSS Farms we take great pride in doing the job right and believe our best work is achieved when we work together. Farming is our way of life, we have a deep passion for the land, our families, and our communities. We have a legacy rooted in solving hard problems and tackling new business ventures.
The Shipping Coordinator works closely with the Storage Managers and Director of Sales to ensure there is clear communication and distribution of information between the shipping facilities and our customers.
The Shipping Coordinator reports directly to the Dalhart Farm Manager and works in conjunction with Storage Managers and Agronomy team to effectively manage approximately 1.9 million cwt of chip potato inventory annually.
In this role, you will:
- Be the primary point of contact for customer, consultants and shared services regarding Dalhart chip storage
- Coordinate with the Director of Sales and Storage Managers to ship loads based on run schedule, quality, and logistical considerations.
- Manage decisions regarding which loads are to be shipped from what location and then be able to clearly explain why those decisions were made.
- Coordinate with Storage Managers and walk bins weekly to promote uniformity between both shipping locations.
- Track and maintain accurate storage inventory of potatoes and their quality.
- Manage inventory to maximize all contracts, specifically oversized potatoes.
- Monitor quality and implement QC standards as directed by Farm Manager and agronomy team.
- Assist with coordinating crop grading, storage filling operations, and maintenance and cleaning of bins throughout the year.
- Provide department coverage for the Storage Managers during their off time.
- Coordinate with seed farms and planting managers for seed shipments and handling for spring planting. This would include scheduling seed warming, cutting and suberizing.
- Assist in analyzing storage control data and help maximize crop quantity and quality in collaboration with the Farm Manager, Storage Managers, and Agronomist.
- Take on other tasks and responsibilities, as needed.
Off Season Responsibilities
- Act as a resource to the agronomy team by scouting fields, offering recommendations on pesticide and fertility, evaluating plant growth, and monitoring insect, diseases, and soil moisture.
- Assist with on farm R&D trials.
- Manage bruise free program during harvest season.
- Walking and working outdoors in the elements.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Driving between farm sites to move samples and other supplies.
Expected Hours of Work
- During shipping season typical daily hours are 7 AM to 5 PM, five to six days a week.
- Harvest and planting seasons may require longer hours
- A Bachelor of Science degree in an Ag related field
- At least one year of experience coordinating the shipping of crops.
- 3+ years experience in logistics, distribution of crop and produce storage.
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to train and work with operational teams on the farm.
- Superior organizational and project management skills.
- The ability to prioritize and re-prioritize, as needed in an ever-changing environment.
- A strong work-ethic and the ability to be self-directed while still valuing and collecting team input.
- A valid US driver s license or the ability to obtain one and pass vehicle insurance verification.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Market competitive salary
- Healthcare, Dental and Vision coverage as outlined in the company benefits overview.
- Flex spending account for out-of-pocket medical expenses.
- Company matched 401(k) plan options.
- Short Term Disability Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, and Life Insurance.
- A paid time off package.
- Tuition reimbursement options.
CSS Farms is an EOE.
CSS Farms expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.