CSS Farms is a multi-state agricultural business with a mission of Growing Great Together. We achieve this by leading the way in stewardship and solutions for every field, every load, every day.
At CSS Farms we take great pride in doing the job right and believe our best work is achieved when we work together. Farming is our way of life, we have a deep passion for the land, our families, and our communities. We have a legacy rooted in solving hard problems and tackling new business ventures.
This position works closely with the Farm Manager and supports the farm by operating and maintaining all farm equipment, assisting with irrigation processes, and leading planting, harvest, and shipping crews.
In this role, you will:
- Operate heavy and light equipment including but not limited to tractors, trucks, pickups, skid steers, loaders, and other equipment as needed
- Assist with all equipment and facilities management to ensure the execution of cost effective and timely maintenance.
- Perform maintenance and repair of all equipment and buildings.
- Troubleshoot and resolve new and/or different technical problems regarding equipment.
- Help manage all parts and inventory.
- Assist with all equipment sourcing and purchasing.
- Follow the safety program and assure all state and federal requirements are met such as OSHA.
- Maintain necessary records for maintenance and scheduling.
- Maintain a record of and execute the irrigation schedule as efficiently as possible.
- Maintain irrigation equipment, repairing as needed and alerting the Farm Manager of major malfunctions.
- Perform winter preventative maintenance of irrigation systems.
- Lead planting, harvest, and shipping crews during respective seasons
- And other duties as assigned
- Walking and working outdoors in the elements.
- Operate a motorized vehicle, control panel, telephone/radio and variety of hand tools.
- Walk across uneven surfaces in fields and outdoor work areas continuously (67% to 100%).
- Climb stairs and ladders occasionally (0%-33%)
- Work at heights up to 25 feet.
- Regularly handling objects of up to 65 lbs.
- Stand for extended periods of time
- Occasionally bend, reach, reach above shoulders, squat, kneel for 15 minutes, push or pull up to 50 lbs., twist/rotate arm, wrist and torso, and crawl 20 feet.
- Occasionally perform fine manipulations with hands and fingers.
- Demonstrated strong work-ethic, outstanding leadership ability and exceptional interpersonal skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of farm equipment operation and maintenance experience
- 2+ years experience with irrigation programs including center pivot irrigation.
- Ability to understand and operate computerized equipment and general computer software
- Ability to work extended hours as needed during seasonal surges of harvest, planting and shipping
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the position with or without accommodation
- Ability to acquire and hold a valid US driver s license and successfully pass vehicle insurance verification.
- A current CDL or willingness to obtain one is preferred
- Potato equipment experience preferred but not required
- Electrical and mechanical repair experience
- Bilingual English/Spanish strongly preferred
- Market competitive salary
- Healthcare, Dental and Vision coverage as outlined in the company benefits overview.
- Flex spending account for out-of-pocket medical expenses.
- Company matched 401(k) plan options.
- Short Term Disability Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, and Life Insurance.
- A paid time off package.
- Tuition reimbursement options.
CSS Farms is an EOE.
CSS Farms expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.