CSS Farms, a multi-state agricultural business, strives to provide innovative solutions and superior quality and service to our customers. We proudly and relentlessly continue to meet the highest standards of stewardship when it comes to the three things we value most: our land, our employees, and our communities.
We are a team-oriented company with a high trust, entrepreneurial culture. We value our employees opinions, we have a strong work ethic, and are focused on growing great vegetables and developing our operations profitably. People who are most successful at CSS Farms are energetic, self-directed, and pragmatic.
The Equipment and Maintenance Manager works with the Farm Manager to effectively manage planting and harvest equipment for 800 - 1,000 acres of ground for potato seed production annually. The operational area for this position includes the areas of Holbrook, American Falls, and Malad City in Idaho.
In this role, you will:
- Ensure the execution of cost effective and timely maintenance for all equipment and facilities
- Maintain, repair, and calibrate of all field equipment and center pivot irrigation systems.
- Maintain and repair all shipping and load out equipment and buildings.
- Troubleshoot and resolve new and/or different technical problems regarding equipment.
- Manage all parts and inventory.
- Assist with all equipment sourcing and purchasing.
- Direct, coordinate, and support maintenance personnel.
- Follow the safety program and assure all state and federal requirements are met such as OSHA.
- Maintain necessary records for maintenance and scheduling.
- Assist Farm Manager with budget preparation, planting, harvest, and shipping functions, as necessary.
- Walking and working outdoors in the elements.
- Driving between farm sites to move equipment, parts and perform repairs.
- Operate a motorized vehicle, control panels, telephone/radio, and variety of hand tools.
- Walk across uneven surfaces in fields and outdoor work areas continuously (67% to 100%).
- Climb stairs and ladders occasionally (0%-33%)
- Regularly handling objects of up to 65 lbs.
- Stand for extended periods of time (30 minutes at a time, 8 to 12 hours per shift)
- Occasionally bend, reach, reach above shoulders, squat, kneel for 15 minutes, push or pull up to 50 lbs., twist/rotate arm, wrist and torso, and crawl 20 feet.
- Occasionally perform fine manipulations with hands and fingers.
- A valid driver s license or the ability to obtain one as well as pass vehicle insurance verification.
- Associates of Applied Science or Bachelor of Science degree in an agricultural related field
- 2+ years experience in potato planting and harvesting equipment experience
- 5+ years experience in agriculture, irrigation systems and working with farm equipment
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
- Previous experience working with potatoes and irrigated crops with at least one year of irrigation system experience
- Superior organization and project management skills.
- Financial management and budgeting experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, train, and communicate well.
- Self-directed, yet consensus driven, with the ability to implement solutions with team input.
- Market competitive salary
- Healthcare, Dental and Vision coverage as outlined in the company benefits overview.
- Flex spending account for out-of-pocket medical expenses.
- Company matched 401(k) plan options.
- Short Term Disability Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, and Life Insurance.
- A paid time off package.
- Tuition reimbursement options.
CSS Farms is an EOE.
CSS Farms expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.