At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
In this role, the hired individual will drive delivery trucks to transport and deliver seed to dealers and wholesale accounts in accordance with Dairyland Seed’s policies.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you.
- Delivers seed to Dairyland dealers, wholesale accounts and District Managers.
- Inspects truck for defects and report defects immediately to leasing company, depending on which unit is being reported.
- Maintains driver log (paper and electronic) according to D.O.T. regulations and company policy.
- Assists workers in loading (if time allows) and unloading truck.
- Notifies Distribution Department and delivery stop when running behind schedule giving estimated revised time of delivery.
- Counts and checks lot numbers of products being delivered, as well as returned, and obtains customer signature on shipping orders and credit forms.
- Fills out and turns in shipping orders from each trip to warehouse and logs, trip reports and vehicle condition reports to Distribution Department weekly.
- Contacts Distribution Department every day to report on trip progress, hours of service and any problems that have developed.
- Contacts Distribution Department at the end of assigned schedules for further instructions if no return trip is scheduled.
- Delivers and picks up back hauls, interplant and wholesale requests when available as instructed by dispatchers.
- Picks up seed and pallets when delivery season is nearing completion as instructed by dispatchers.
- Maintains a clean and neat appearance with a good cheerful attitude while delivering to dealer and District Manager locations.
- Keeps inside of truck cab and box or trailer clean and free of debris and garbage.
- Attends all safety and informative seminars presented by the company or put on by the outside source that the company deems necessary to attend.
- Reports to and works for Logistics leader and warehouse leader when no driving jobs are assigned and hours of service are available.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- A minimum of a high school diploma/GED. Certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Federal Motor Carrier Regulations certificate
- Fuel Spill seminar certificate
- Motor Carrier Safety seminar certificate
- Motor Carrier Accident Reporting seminar certificate
- Medical Examiner’s certificate (drivers physical)
- Substance Abuse screening tests
- Forklift Operation certificate
- Road test certificate
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- Willing and able to work overtime hours when needed
- The lifting requirement for this job is limited to 65 pounds. Any lifting over 65 pounds is to be maneuvered by two or more workers and/or mechanical means (i.e. dolly, pallet jack, forklift, etc.), as appropriate. To operate a forklift, employee must be certified.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!