The Role & Local Community:
We care about you and we care that you're comfortable. While there's no place like home, Corteva comes close.
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow whats next. No matter what your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture solving the worlds food problems through innovation, technology, and putting people first. We have an exciting opportunity for a Training Technician to join our organization support our Princeton and Utica, IL production locations. You will never be bored on this team! With these locations you will get to support the biggest international supplier plants in our network while enjoying variety of tasks and activities year-round. The Princeton & Utica teams take pride in the quality of their work and the safety of all of our team members. In this role, you will provide training to hourly and salaried employees to ensure all employees have a thorough understanding of Corteva's safety and quality standards and are able to apply that learning to their daily responsibilities. You will train location employees on Continuous Improvement initiates as well as Quality Management System and Safety procedures. As the Training Technician, you will be responsible for all aspects of technical training, including the development of new training materials, maintaining the training calendar, facilitating engaging hands-on training, and coordinating training events.
Lets peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
- And much, much more!
Responsibilities - What You Will Do:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Assist with the administration of Safety across both the Princeton and Utica plants as needed.
- Determine training needs and requirements for the location on the following topics: Safety, Health & Environment, Continuous Improvement, Quality System, and Process documentation.
- Credibly lead training, communication and education efforts, with enthusiasm, and energy.
- Develop and implement hands-on, engaging training programs for employees on a variety of training subjects along with effectiveness evaluation methods and auditing processes.
- Perform related administrative duties such as writing JSAs (Job Safety Analysis) SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) & track employee training requirements.
- Ensure the completeness and maintenance of all records, documents, or reports related to training.
- Assist with preparation of reports, graphs, and presentation materials to communicate key safety statistics.
- Welcome and onboard new employees and contractors to ensure a thorough understanding of Corteva policies and procedures.
- Help conduct site tours.
Requirements - Who You Are:
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- You thrive on organization and you enjoy setting up and continuously improving upon systems/processes.
- You have experience with databases for record keeping and are very comfortable on a computer.
- You have proactive work ethic and good time management skills!
- You value health and safety! You will always work safely and follow policies and procedures to ensure you and your colleagues go home safely every day.
- You look at problems as a challenge and love solving them!
- You value working as a team, are proactive, communicate concerns, and open to change.
- You can work independently or with a team, multitask, and maintain an organized workplace.
- You have your High School Diploma or GED.
- You have 2+ years of experience in a Production, Operations, Manufacturing, or Agricultural industry/setting.
- You have 2+ years of experience in Training /Facilitating/ Leading a process.
- You have knowledge in evaluating training effectiveness and understand the value that has toward your performance.
- You are comfortable and experienced in training, coaching, and leading others in a group setting.
- You are creative and understand how important it is to keep materials interesting and fresh.
- You easily translate complex technical information into engaging understandable training content.
- You understand that delivering to our customers on-time keeps us viable and are willing and able to work shifts, overtime hours, and weekends required during seasonal peaks to support achieving those goals.
Preferences It Would Be Great If You Have:
- An Associates Degree in a relevant field.
- 5+ years of on-the-job or related Industrial Training, Manufacturing Training, or Safety Training experience.
- OSHA 10-hr or 30-hr training certification.
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying today!