The Role & LocalCommunity:
We care about you and wecare that you're comfortable. While there's no place like home, Corteva comesclose.
Corteva Agriscience is seeking an experienced TrainingTechnician to join our team. As a Training Technician, you will beresponsible for providing training to hourly and salaried employees at yourassigned production location(s). You will ensure all employees have a thoroughunderstanding of Cortevas safety and quality standards and are able to applylearnings to their daily responsibilities. As the Training Technician, you willbe responsible for all aspects of the technical training requirements toinclude the development of new training materials, maintaining the trainingcalendar, performing the physical training, and coordination of trainingevents.
In this position, youll work primarily in a productionoffice setting with regular interaction taking place in a high traffic andactivity plant/warehouse areas, plus visits to field locations. High workloadwith long hours, possible shift work and weekend work will be required duringseasonal peaks. Occasional travel within the region may also be required.
Responsibilities - WhatYou Will Do:
How will you help us grow?It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Determinetraining needs and requirements for the location on the following topics: Safety,health and environment; QMS and process work instructions.
- Leadthe training, communication and education efforts, with enthusiasm, energy andbelievability in what you are training.
- Developand implement training programs for employees on a variety of safety subjects,including occupational safety and health, fire protection, etc. Will assist indeveloping new process training aids when needed (i.e. Visual WorkInstructions, Standard Operating Conditions, Standard Work, TroubleshootingGuides, and Standard Operating Procedures) as well as auditing their use.
- Willalso serve as a backup in the absence of the subject matter expert in Safety,QMS, etc.
- Administrativeduties including taking safety meeting minutes, JSAs, SOPs & trackingemployee training requirements.
- Ensurethe completeness and maintenance of all records, documents or reports relatedto assigned safety and health programs.
- Mayassist with preparation of reports, graphs, and presentation materials tocommunicate key safety statistics.
- Mayconduct safety training at locations.
- Willlead efforts as assigned by management, which may include acting as SafetyCoordinator or other Process Improvement activities. Ensure safety programs areimplemented. Promote employee awareness of safety through training,publications, and safety statistics.
- Assistwith basic industrial hygiene functions such dosimeter & dust monitoring.Assist with required programs inspections (i.e. emergency lighting, eye wash)and visual inspection requirements (i.e. ladders, fall protection, fireextinguishers).
- Assistwith the implementation of new safety standards as they are released and/ormodified.
- Facilitatethe onboarding of new employees and contractors to ensure a thoroughunderstanding of Corteva policies and procedures.
- Mayconduct location tours as well as hands on training of equipment operations.
- Reiteratethe importance of Life Saving Rules and Core Values.
- Actas liaison with contract agencies regarding training requirements. Communicatewith and ensure contract agencies are training their employees on the requiredpolicies and procedures.
- Performaudits of required skill sets to identify training needs and skill levels. Mayassist in Incident Investigation and Safety Audits when necessary. Maycoordinate 1st party audit process at location and be a member of the RiskManagement 2nd party audit process.
- Supportlocation in record-keeping of Occupational Safety & Health programs andother certifications for regulatory compliance. This includes managing trainingattendance and records retention.
- Manage the GrowU trainingcenter and ensure completion of the assigned training.
Requirements- Who YouAre:
What expertise have yougrown? What do you bring to the table?
- Minimum High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum of 2-4 years on-the-job or related technical training or agricultural manufacturing experience.
- Equivalent relevant experience and education will be considered.
- Valid Drivers License
- Demonstrated skills in training, coaching, and leading others in a group setting.
- Ability to influence without direct authority.
- Creativity is needed to keep materials interesting and fresh.
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex technical information into easily understood training content.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, interpersonal communication, and team facilitation skills to effectively interact with all levels of employees
- Advance computer skills, specifically versed in Microsoft Office Suites; Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Willing and able to work overtime during peak seasons
- Willing and able to conduct training sessions on different shifts, if needed
- Experience in training and/or facilitation
- Proven ability to train effectively and convey detailed information to employees
- Ability to support and work with cross-functional teams
- Highattention to detail is needed to maintain awareness of existing and proposedchanges to policies, procedures and regulations.
- High organizational skills.
The following are preferred:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- OSHA 10-hr or 30-hr training certification preferred.
Lets peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future atCorteva!
- Strikea better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity,paternal and family illness leave.
- Preparefor your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuitionreimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoyaccess to health benefits for you and your family on your first day ofemployment.
- Andmuch, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Startby applying to this opportunity today!