The Senior Research Associate is the responsible for maintaining an appropriate communication with the Yield Test Lead, Operation Lead, SRAs, Scientists and Breeders of the Cortazar and Tlajomulco sites.
Is the key figure for planning, coordinating, and monitoring operations, the Multicrop (Corn and Sorghum) phenotyping process as planting, spraying, data collection and harvesting in localities under the Cortazar station area (IMPACT / Research, multicrop) and IFS support.
• Develops and leads to create collaborative relationships with all the team of RA’s and Ra’s in Bajio but at the same with Cienega-Occidente team, to facilitate the achievement of employment goals. Staring with integration and proactive activities and of course as an example of operate.
• Plans, administrates, and coordinates the phenotyping activities (IMPACT / Research) involved in the tasks of the Research Assistant and Research Associate including weekly schedules, tour reports, priority setting and creation of a monitoring system for the monitoring of activities, aligned with Research Center of the Future. Corn, and Sorghum. Coordinate with the Research Agronomists of each locality the phenotyping activities assuring quality data collection. Active coordination with the Agronomy Group in the IMPACT Phenotyping operations
• Ensures the quality of the collected data (Traits), following the Corteva standard protocols and tools (Launch, First Stage, GDCS, etc) and aligned with the Breeders.
• Actively participates in the voting for hybrids advancement in corn and sorghum. Ensures that data collection is performed following QMS protocols and data are timely quality checked and timely uploaded in Launch.
• Leads the implementation the new phenotyping methodologies as Remote Sensing (Drones), according to the plans proposed by the group of Field Technology Innovation & Operations, for data collection in the field. Operational coordination to UAS drones for Corn and Sorghum across MG y MX stations. Plans for maintenance and purchase of spare parts
• Works together with the team in continuous process improvement and metrics, based on continuous improvement and support of QMS (Quality Management System) as a way of working and improvement in the processes to achieve the objectives in an optimal way. Work together with Operations Leads to create metrics that measure the efficiency of different operating processes. Phenotyping, Logistics, costs, etc. Involve Research Associate and Assistant. Work with other stations.
• Ensures the 100% effective compliance with QMS and EHS&S protocols and training. Complies monthly with 100% vehicle audits. Measurement Forms: Have completed RMS and EHS&S courses by the end of the year. 100% compliance with vehicle audits. Complies on not having traffic violations and notices of non-compliance with the vehicle use policy (night driving, speeding, sudden braking, fines). # Of SODA cards (minimum 2 cards per month). Leads the daily talks of 5 minutes prior to each start of activity. 100% participation in weekly Safety Meets.
• Leads the QMS (Quality Management System) program in charge ensuring its implementation according to the standard.
• Generates innovative solutions in work situations; tries new and different ways of dealing with problems and job opportunities. He/She recognizes the importance of speed and is focused on growth.
• Desirable Master’s degree (appreciated not required)
• English proficiency
• 3+ years of experience in similar position or in position with more than 5 people reporting
• Experience in agronomical solutions
• Communications skills
• Ability to align process objectively and solve problems with practice solutions
• Able to travel from Sinaloa to Jalisco and Bajío.To apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION
|Want notifications for new jobs like this? Provide your information below to setup an alert.|
|Your alert was created successfully|