Corteva Agriscience Input Trait Discovery Group is looking for Research Associates/Senior Research Associates to join our protein discovery team. The primary responsibilities will be to purify and characterize active biological molecules from diverse sources to support novel protein discovery. Proteins will be purified at scales ranging from high-throughput robotic miniaturized purifications to gram quantity processes to support commercialization pipeline. Additionally, the new team member will be expected to learn cell culture methods to express proteins, and extensive bioanalytical techniques.
The ideal candidate will be someone who would like to be part of a growing protein discovery team. You will be responsible for performing technical, scientific, or information assignments in the broad area of protein purification. Providing input for project plans and participating in routine formulation of work plans will be part of the daily work. The positions provide great opportunities to learn many facets of protein discovery.
- Work closely with scientists to design and conduct experiments.
- Purify native and recombinant proteins from diverse source of samples.
- Perform all stages of protein purification/fractionation to identify candidate leads by using various chromatographic methods and tools.
- Analyze results, troubleshoot technical difficulties, and implement solutions.
- Keep detailed and organized records of experimental protocols and results.
- Present results regularly at team meetings
- Follow laboratory safety guidelines and practices.
- Degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biological or Chemical Engineering or closely related field.
- BS/BA degree with 4-10 years of research experience, or
- MS degree with 2-4 years of relevant thesis research experience
- Experience in protein purification using a variety of methods (e.g. affinity, SEC, IMAC, ion exchange, HIC, and hydroxyapatite chromatographies; ultrafiltration), instrumentation (FPLC, HPLC, AKTA) and software (e.g., Unicorn, Chemstation).
- Expertise in design, execution, and troubleshooting of purification processes.
- Experience in protein extraction from various samples, including microbes and plant tissues.
- Expertise in characterization of protein preparations using SDS-PAGE, HPLC, Western blot analysis, and peptide sequencing.
- Experience with data analysis, BLAST search, bioinformatics tools and presentation software.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of protein structural biology is a plus.