Join us at Corteva Agriscience, a world leader and supplier of plant genetics, to tackle important agricultural challenges and help secure a reliable and sustainable food supply across the world for years to come.
Our trait discovery team is seeking a candidate with cell and molecular biology background to support the design, development and validation of cell-based assays to screen insecticidal toxins. The successful applicant will be working in a team environment with a focus on the cell-based screening using cutting-edge robotics and technologies to identify novel insecticidal toxins from various sources.
- Contribute to developing, improving, and executing cell-based cytotoxicity assays;
- Maintain and transfect mammalian and insect cell lines;
- Isolate, characterize and culture primary insect cells;
- Operate liquid handling robotics, microplate stacker and other high-throughput screening equipment;
- Analyze and present data, both in written reports and oral presentations within the group;
- Maintain lab notebooks with detailed and timely recording of experimental data.
- A Masters degree in cell biology, molecular biology or entomology with 2-5 years of laboratory experience;
- Hands on skills in mammalian and/or insect cell culture, including primary cells (midgut cell experience is ideal);
- Experience with developing mammalian or insect cell-based functional assays;
- Experience with expressing membrane bound proteins, particularly receptors involved in the signal transduction, is desired;
- Proficient in general molecular biology techniques (e.g. qPCR, Western blotting and immunofluorescence staining);
- Familiarity with bioassay analysis instrumentation (e.g. multimode plate reader and multicolor microscopy) and analytical software tools (e.g. Prism and FlowJo);
- Experience with FACS analysis is highly desirable;
- Experience with stable cell line generation is a plus;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, attentive to detail, and the ability to work independently in a dynamic team environment.