Who are we, and what do we do?
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter what your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – solving the world’s food problems through innovation, technology, and putting people first.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Operate and utilize all systems supported by the site Emergency Response & Security (ER&S) department. This level of competency will include the ability to fully operate the systems and to provide support to co-workers with less skill or experience levels.
- Accomplish simple trouble shooting for any failures that would be common to the systems.
- Possess an understanding of the systems configuration, method of reporting, and appropriate resources to contact in case of total system failure.
- Host daily physical tour of the site and facilities. (Approximate total distance walked - 5 miles)
- Will use the Security Command Center as the communication hub for daily operations pertaining to incidents of theft, property damage, building emergencies, injury, and other abnormal or unusual situation that arises while on shift.
- Communicate with company employees, their guests, building managers, outside private and public companies, and local government agency representatives.
- Possess in depth understanding of one or more of the technical areas of responsibilities that are utilized to provide monitoring, response, and protection of company employees, property assets and technology.
- Responsible for the creation of appropriate documentation to accurately record the events pertaining to incidents of theft, property damage, building emergencies, injury, and any other abnormal or unusual situation that arises while on shift.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- High School diploma/GED
- 2-3 years’ experience with Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel, and have the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills are required.
- Must have strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills.
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- A self-starter who can identify, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States on a permanent basis (U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, or Qualifying Asylee/Refugee).
- Incumbent must possess sound problem solving and technical skills to quickly and accurately assess situations without the direct guidance or oversight from supervision.
- Willing and able to work any shift assigned
- Willing and able to work overtime, weekends and holidays when needed
- 2-4 years of direct experience in security, emergency response or law enforcement related field
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!