Join our team in this key role!
- Coordinate the leadership of day-to-day management at the Research Center.
- Serve as the liaison between all process leads at the center level and serves as the overall key contact for the center.
- Ensure safe, effective and efficient management of Research Center processes at the local level.
- Plan for Research resources (manpower, machinery, equipment and tools and facilities) needed to produce high quality data, on-time field operations, meet winter research seed production and product advancement schedules.
- Manage and accountable for the daily center operations, ensuring on-time completions to meet research and business needs.
- Plan, organize, and direct research operations to ensure the most effective use of assets while meeting research/business objectives; may include, but not limited to the management of: personnel, equipment, facility and land use.
- Manage research operations through subordinate staff that have full accountabilities for their respective area(s).
- Coordinate the research center leadership team meetings by developing agendas, schedules, and ensuring appropriate follow-ups.
- Effective management of land cooperators.
- Ensure Regulatory compliance (safety, DOT, wage/hour laws, USDA, EPA, etc).
- Hold regular team meetings to provide short term and long term task direction, along with timely business updates.
- Meet with employees individually to stay abreast of business issues, workload levels, and employee concerns.
- Participate in field activities as needed.
Masters degree or Bachelors degree with equivalent experience in Agronomy or Agriculture related field
To apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION
5 -7 years experience in Research operations. Supervisory or leadership experience critical
Physical ability to lift 30lbs, ability to work outside in all kinds of weather, ability to stand/sit for extended periods, ability to travel overnight, sometimes for an extended period.
Working Conditions Primarily in a Research Center setting with frequent visits to field locations.High workload with long hours and weekend work during seasonal peaks.Occasional travel within region.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Requires ability to look several months forward to anticipate labor needs, resource needs, space requirements, etc. Research operations knowledge combined with prior management skills and the ability to supervise/handle multiple tasks at one time is critical. Need leadership capabilities to motivate others, initiate projects, make decisions, and effectively solve problems.Excellent interpersonal/communication skills are required for fostering teamwork, enhancing a good working environment, and effectively developing strong working relationships with a diverse group of people
Job Post Date: 04/02/19