Grow whats next. Grow your future. Corteva Agriscience is seeking a Research Intern to participate in a 3-month internship designed to give a broad based exposure on the day-to-day activities within the Plant Pathology Diagnostic Laboratory in Johnston, IA.
Position duration is May to August 2021.
Responsibilities - What You'll Do:
- You will assist in the daily operation of the diagnostic lab. This includes, but is not limited to, receiving samples and checking them into a diagnostic database, initial observation of samples for symptoms and determination of evaluation method(s) needed for proper diagnosis, completion of sample diagnoses, entering information and images into a database and communicating diagnostic reports to sample submitters. Diagnostic methods may include, but are not limited to: microscopy, pathogen isolation on media, ELISA tests, DNA/RNA extraction, end-point PCR, qPCR and other molecular tests as appropriate.
- As an intern you will gain valuable hands-on plant disease diagnostic experience and assist in the communication of diagnostic results to clients of the Corteva Plant Diagnostic Laboratory. In addition, you will be expected to conduct a small research project and present your results near the conclusion of the internship. Candidates should be able to work well individually and as part of a team and have a strong desire to gain real world experience in plant disease diagnostics.
Qualifications What You'll Bring:
- Current sophomore or junior standing at an accredited university
- Education focus in Plant Pathology, Biology, Molecular Biology, Agronomy, Plant Physiology, Genetics or a related field
- Plant Pathology or Molecular Biology background beneficial
- Minimum GPA requirement of 3.0
To apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION
- Must be enrolled at an accredited university at the time of internship
Job Post Date: 09/23/20