Corteva Agriscience, has an exciting and challenging opportunity in the Predictive Safety Center (PSC) within Crop Protection Regulatory Science for an Research Ecotoxicologist.
The Ecotoxicologist will represent the PSC function on multidisciplinary Discovery and Regulatory teams responsible for development and registration of new active ingredients and agricultural products. In addition, the person will guide the development and implementation of ecotoxicity predictive tools.
This position is located in Indianapolis, IN.
- The successful candidate will serve as a lead Ecotoxicologist in the screening and development of new crop protection products in Discovery Phase; this includes:- Developing ecotoxicology testing strategies for new active screening and characterization in Discovery stages.
- Building internal innovative ecotoxicology testing capabilities to predict and mitigate regulatory road blocks for Discovery phase molecules;
- Collaborating with academia, government and industrial partners to explore and implement new predictive ecotoxicology approaches (e.g. in silico, in vitro, in vivo assays)
- Designing investigative ecotoxicity testing plan or methods based upon hypothesized/known mechanisms of toxicity
- Providing mentorship and coaching to junior scientists and research associates
- Overseeing ecotoxicity studies at internal or external laboratories to assess product safety including protocol preparation, interaction with lab scientists, critical evaluation of data, problem solving, and reporting of results
- Providing environmental risk assessments for new active ingredients or formulation technologies based upon ecotoxicology data and in accordance with regulatory expectations
- Effectively utilizing organizational networking to influence decision making.
- The successful candidate will also contribute to external science, including publications and science-related arenas related to ecotoxicology, and leverage that influence to benefit the company by: Keeping current with developments in ecotoxicology and risk assessment, and providing technical expertise and support to regulatory science, registration and business teams.
- Representing Corteva at professional meetings, training and workshops, and industry task forces of special interest to the business
- Publishing and presenting scientific information at meetings and in peer-reviewed journals
- PhD degree in Environmental Toxicology, Zoology, Aquatic Biology, or other ecotoxicology-related science
- Relevant working experience in ecotoxicology or chemical toxicology serving the agrochemical industry is preferred
- Demonstrated competency in implementation of laboratory-based ecotoxicology studies
- Strong scientific background and critical thinking skills coupled with application of scientific principles
- Demonstrated teamwork and leadership abilities to manage and coordinate multiple projects and chemistries
- Strong written and oral communication skills that allow dissemination of complex technical issues in a clear, concise manner to a variety of scientific and non- scientific audiences
- Ability to apply knowledge and experience to creatively address complex predictive ecotoxicology challenges in a timely and effective manner
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills including negotiation, conflict resolution, influencing and motivating
To apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION
Job Post Date: 04/05/19