Corteva Agriscience, is seeking a Research/Senior Research Chemist to support crop protection chemical metabolism and metabolite identification studies within the Metabolism and Analytical group at Haskell Global Center for Health Sciences located in Newark, Delaware. The successful candidate will provide technical leadership and perform structural elucidation for mammalian metabolites generated from in vitro and in vivo ADME studies in support of safety assessment of crop protection products. This group maintains a key role in consulting, research and safety testing as part of Corteva Agrisciences commitment to protecting human health and the environment.
- Conduct structural elucidation for small molecule crop protection metabolites generated from in vitro and in vivo metabolism and ADME studies and propose metabolic pathways;
- Operate, maintain and be technically competent in flow-through radiochemical detection, high resolution mass spectrometry, LC/MS/MS and GC/MS analytical instrumentation;
- Develop methods for metabolite isolation and analysis from various biological matrices;
- Provide support to toxicologists to help design, conduct, interpret and report the analytical metabolism results for discovery (non-GLP) and regulatory (GLP) studies to advance the crop protection chemical discovery and registration pipelines;
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to junior scientific staff;
- Provide subject matter expertise for metabolite structure elucidation and mammalian biotransformation pathways within the Global Human Health Assessment function;
- Communicate findings to business and scientific audiences, through both oral presentations and written technical reports and manuscripts.
- Ph.D. in analytical chemistry or related area with at least two years of relevant experience;
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in identification of metabolites and structural elucidation using analytical techniques such as high-resolution mass spectrometry with stable label and radioactive label isotope tracers;
- Thorough knowledge and expertise in chemical or drug metabolism;
- Demonstrated expertise with method development and analysis using chromatography (HPLC, UHPLC) with modern mass spectrometric (LC/MS, LC/MS/MS) techniques;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively function as a member of a high-performance team;
- Strong written and oral communication skills that allow dissemination of complex technical issues in a clear, concise manner to a variety of scientific and non-scientific audiences.
- Experience in working in a GLP (Good Laboratory Practice) environment;
- Experience working safely with radioactivity, including carbon-14;
- Experience in computational approaches for the prediction of mammalian biotransformation pathways.
To apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION
Job Post Date: 01/19/19