At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow whats next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
As a Research Associate, you will Support all aspects of multi-crop nursery and yield testing operations at the Lubbock Research Center. This includes planting, data collection, and harvesting of sorghum, cotton, and corn research locations to support breeding program advancement and characterization. Tasks will include support of the planning and management of nursery and yield test locations, data collection, heavy machinery maintenance & operation, supervision of seasonal and temporary employees, checking data quality, and other tasks related to the breeding and yield testing activities.
Responsibilities - How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Conducts experiments, to completion, according to specific procedures, exercising independent judgment and discretion as appropriate. Provide agronomic management support for nursery and yield test locations, including insect and weed control programs.
- Maintains, organizes and summarizes results of experiments, noting problem areas, while recommending actions to be taken within standard procedures.
- Inspects, utilizes, and maintains research equipment and machinery used to conduct experiments at the designated work location.
- May hire, organize and supervise work of temporary employees ensuring work is performed in safe and efficient manner.
- Ensures that work is performed in a safe and efficient manner during seed preparation, planting, field data collection, field plot maintenance, nursery pollination, and nursery/combine harvest.
- Will participate in meetings, learning institutes, and other educational opportunities that will lead to improved efficiencies the breeding and trialing activities.
- Safety is a condition of employment.
Requirements - What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Bachelors degree with up to 2 years industry related experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as math and computer skills. Familiarity with use of data collection devices.
- Agricultural research background and experience preferred.
- Demonstrated competency in planning projects and multitasking.
- Knowledge of experimental design and statistical analysis preferred.
- Previous experience or aptitude to be trained in operating various field equipment potentially including but not limited to tractors, harvesters, planters, and spray equipment.
- May be required to do physical lifting and work in varying ergonomic environments.
- Capable of working outdoors and in various environments. Willing to work additional hours/weekends during peak periods. Travel to offsite locations with occasional overnight stays will be expected.
Benefits - Lets peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Possess or be capable of obtaining a pesticide applicator's license and a Commercial Drivers License (CDL).
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment