Seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated Research Associate to join our protein engineering group in Johnston, IA. Successful candidate will use numerous molecular biology and directed evolution techniques to support multiple research projects. We develop and leverage cutting edge technologies including comparative genomics and strategic randomization to design, build and screen libraries to evolve proteins for the development of molecular tools and traits for scientists, farmers and consumers. Join us at Corteva Agriscience, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont, a world leader and supplier of plant genetics, to tackle important agricultural challenges and help secure a reliable and sustainable food supply across the world for years to come.
Candidates should have bachelor's degree in biology, microbiology, biochemistry, bioengineering or related discipline. Previous working experience in molecular biology techniques (PCR, restriction digestion, ligation, seamless assembly, electrophoresis, etc.) and/or hands-on experience with automation equipment (liquid handlers, Echo, KingFisher, Octet, etc.) is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in in biology, microbiology, biochemistry, bioengineering or related discipline
- Experience working in a lab environment is required
- Cloning experience and/or experience working with automation or LIMS is preferred
- This position requires great communication skills and the ability to work with a team as well as individually
- The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated with vast attention to detail and robust organization skills