Corteva Agriscience is seeking a Research Associate to join our multi-crop research center in Garden City, KS. You will serve as a part of a multi-crop team supporting local corn breeding programs and regional yield testing of wheat and sorghum. You will be focused on in the field phenotyping and characterization by following established protocols to ensure high quality data is collected on all crops. You will have an enthusiasm for collaborating in a team environment where evolving technologies in agriculture are driving product development.
Responsibilities: How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
* Collect phenotypic data requested by experiments managers across all crops.
* Review and assess data quality throughout the growing season.
* Participate in experiment planning, location mapping, and seed filling activities to prepare for planting.
* Collaborate with local and regional employees to fulfill phenotyping and field activities for wheat and sorghum.
* Operate planting, harvest, and spray equipment as well as implements for field preparation by utilizing GPS software.
* Assist with plot maintenance by scouting weed, insect, and disease pressure across crops.
* Operate and maintenance irrigation systems used to facilitate drought characterization of corn hybrids.
* Supervise contract labor and interns to complete center research activities according to protocols while ensuring a safe working environment.
QualificationsRequirements: What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
* Bachelor's degree in agriculture or related scientific field with 2-4 years related experience.
* Knowledge of agronomy, crop production, plant development, and experimental field plot design.
* Strong attention to detail in a deadline driven environment.
* Ability to operate agricultural equipment while observing all safety requirements.
* Demonstrate skills in leadership, operational safety, labor supervision, and time management.
* Ability to develop a working relationship with team members by exhibiting excellent communication and personal interaction skills with a diverse group of people.
* Must be capable of working in varying ergonomic and environmental conditions for extended periods of time.
* Flexibility to work extended days at critical times of the season. Some overnight stays during planting and harvesting required.
* A valid driver's license is required, and a CMV license is preferred for trailer towing.
* Ability to obtain a pesticide private applicators license in Kansas.
Benefits - How We'll Support You: * Numerous development opportunities offered to build your skills * Be part of a company with a higher purpose and contribute to making the world a better place * Health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment * Four weeks of paid time off and two weeks of well-being pay per year, plus paid holidays * Excellent parental leave which includes a minimum of 16 weeks for mother and father * Future planning with our competitive retirement savings plan and tuition reimbursement program * Learn more about our total rewards package here - Corteva Benefits * Check out life at Corteva! www.linkedin.com/company/corteva/life
Are you a good match? Apply today! We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team.
To apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION
|Want notifications for new jobs like this? Provide your information below to setup an alert.|
|Your alert was created successfully|