Corteva AgriscienceTM, the agriculture division of DowDuPontTM, is the only major agriscience company completely dedicated to agriculture. By combining the colossal strengths of DuPont Pioneer, DuPont Crop Protection and Dow AgroSciences, we've harnessed agriculture's brightest minds and expertise gained over two centuries of scientific achievement to enrich the lives of producers and consumers alike. Our priority is the success of the farmer - because when producers thrive, our world thrives.
The Ukrainian organization is looking for registration specialist, that will provide support to our crop protection portfolio in Ukraine, Caucasus countries, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.
Role: Regulatory Manager, Crop Protection
Reporting line: Regulatory Leader for Central and Eastern Europe
Purpose of Job:
- Provides registration expertise for plant protection products/biocides (actives and formulations) and other applicable regulations (such as SDS, GHS/CLP, REACH) in Ukraine, Caucasus countries, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan
- Establishes registration needs and compiles registration packages/dossiers for local submissions.
- Provides intelligence and evaluation of developments in regulatory, legislative and secondary approvals in his/her geography to the Regional Regulatory Leader and other interested stakeholders.
- Prime contact point and negotiator with relevant regulatory agencies for obtaining approvals and for Regulatory lobbying activities in area of influence.
- Represent Regulatory Department at local Marketing & Commercial Teams.
- Represent Corteva in local industry associations
- Provides local Public Affairs and Food Chain support.
- Contributes regulatory planning.
- Assembles and formats data/information to deliver dossiers/packages submissions to regulatory authorities.
- Prime contact point and negotiator with regulatory authorities;
- Builds and maintains partnerships, networks; negotiates effectively regulatory authorities.
- Monitors the developments in chemical regulations (such as SDS, GHS/CLP, REACh); and compiles the relevant data packages to comply with regulatory needs in responsible countries.
- Obtains approvals(registration) within project milestones
- Obtains approval for product label(s)
- Maintains the legal right to sell, ensures the Corteva portfolio Regulatory and carries out product defense activites.
- Monitors, asses and communicates regulatory, legislative and secondary approvals developments in own geography
- Provide a link between the Regional Regulatory Specialists and local authorities to Regulatory Networks for East European Trade Area when appropriate.
- Expert in the interpretation (technical and political) of regulatory requirements
- Through effective partnership with different functions ensures that local regulatory requirements are assessed and incorporated in the project milestones and planning, and that national regulatory requirements are represented during registrability assessments
- Keep Safety Data Sheets (SDSs) updated for area of responsibility.
- Provide technical support (such as applicable MRLs) to food chain focal points.
- Government Affairs, Regulatory support to emergencies.
- Degree in Agricultural Sciences or Chemistry/Chemical Engineering.
- Preferred: Degree (BSc or MSc or PhD) on Plant Protection
- Understanding on the aspects of agro-chemical Industry and R&D.
- Previous knowledge and/or experience of the responsiblity countryries' registration processes.
- Knowledge on EU registration processes, including knowledge of EU Directives is a plus.
- Preferred: Previous experience in plant protection/biocides industry.
- Expected to understand Food Chain problems, such as MRLs, Organic Farming, Good Agricultural Practices.
- Fluency in Ukrainian, Russian and English language (verbal & written) are essential.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Effective team player at both national and transnational level;
- Fast learner with a good communication and analytical skills to bring complex technical and political arguments to wide and diverse internal and external audiences.
- Good organizational and computer skills. The successful candidate will be required to use Excel, Word, and several web based regulatory systems to gather, analyze and update data..
- The candidate must be an empathetic listener with strong customer focus skills, good communicator and team player.
- Ability to work alone under stressed conditions, as well as interact with country team, regulatory department and registration authorities.
- Should have no restrictions to travel within the assigned geography, when necessary.