|Want notifications for new jobs like this? Provide your information below to setup an alert.|
|Your alert was created successfully|
Corteva Agriscience Input TraitsDiscovery Group is seeking an independent, highly motivated and talented protein biochemist to lead our protein discovery team by leveraging theirdeep expertise in state-of-the-art methods in proteome-wide purification andtarget identification. As part of the group, youwill be responsible for the isolation and characterization of protein targetsfrom diverse sample materials with insecticidal activities against a panel ofdamaging crop pests that are important for the company.
We are expanding our protein discovery capabilitiesat our Johnston, IA location to increase the efficiency and throughput of ourresearch pipeline and we view this as a critical position with strategic impactto reach our objectives. Within the Input Traits Discovery group, you will bepart of an inter-disciplinary team and work environment that is focused ondelivering valuable targets to the pipeline combining innovative thinking andstrategic execution.
The successful candidate will have extensiveexperience and current knowledge in the field of applied biochemistry, proteinpurification and proteomics. The role will require being a player-coach,working hands-on while building and expanding the team. Problem solving,critical thinking, agility and strong focus on delivery, along with being ateam player, will be important for success in this role.
- Provide scientific and organizational leadership toa team of protein biochemists and purification experts to ensure efficient useof resources, implementation of state-of-the-art procedures andinstrumentations.
- Act as a coordinator with upstream screening groupand downstream cloning and assay groups to ensure effective informationexchange and plan execution.
- Design and execute experiments aimed at discoveryof novel bioactive leads via techniques of analytic biochemistry and molecularbiology.
- Keep abreast with relevant technical developmentsand actively solicit/pursue ideas from all sources, including academia,competitive intelligence and up-to-date literature.
- Provide scientific input as a biochemist forproject strategies/plans and timely solutions to overcome technical challenges.Capable of taking on broader responsibilities as the program expands.
- Manage multiple projects with clear communicationof objectives, execution plans, timelines and results.
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, protein chemistry or relatedfields in protein science with 6-8 years of relevant post-doctorate workexperience. Postdoctoral or applicable industry experience desired.
- Proven work experience as a team leader or managerin bio-industry.
- A proven track record of creative scientificaccomplishment as evidenced by a strong publication and/or patent record.Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to presentresearch to audiences at a variety of levels.
- Extensive hands-on experience in proteinseparation, purification and characterization using FPLC chromatography withvarious resins / purification modalities including IEX, HIC, SEC, and affinitychromatography to purify native and tagged proteins.
- Significant knowledge of advances in proteomicsresearch including the application of mass-spectrometry methods for proteinidentification.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of proteomics,protein structural biology and analysis.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills withdemonstrated ability to lead people, teams and cross-functional projects withand without direct reporting relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to manage workflows,protocols, documentation and rigorous analysis of results.
- Direct experience in applyingproteomics and proteogenomics methods for protein identification.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in computationalbiology.
To apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION