!! NOW OFFERING $1,000 SIGN ON BONUS!!
We care about you and we care that you're comfortable. While there's no place like home, Corteva comes close. At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter what your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – solving the world’s food problems through innovation, technology, and putting people first. We have an exciting opportunity for a Production Technician to join our company at our Homedale ID production facility. We offer all the benefits that a Fortune 500 company has to offer while also providing a small-town atmosphere, and a community feel. The inclusive, motivated team at Homedale offers a safe and innovative work environment that allows for personal and professional growth. We welcome candidates who want to grow their career with us! We are looking for candidates who take initiative, love to learn, work hard, and have stable work history. Candidates from all industry backgrounds are encouraged to apply!
**Please note there is NO relocation allowance or visa sponsorship available for this position.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Enjoy competitive wages from $19 - $23 based on qualifications, education, and experience.
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits; new hires start with 4 weeks off each year. We also have excellent paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
- And much, much more!
Responsibilities – What You Will Do:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Harvest activities such as preparation, receiving, sampling and warehousing incoming new crop.
- Responsible for running equipment and ensuring that assigned production activities such as conditioning, seed cleaning, inspection, sampling, blending, treating, packaging, palletizing, etc. are operating safely and smoothly.
- Return and rework activities.
- Warehousing activities including inventory, forklift operation, collecting samples, staging product for shipment, etc.
- Gather and record data.
- Communication with team members across departments and shifts.
- Ensure that all safety, production and quality standards and practices are adhered to.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Assist with repairs/maintenance and other projects as assigned.
- Various other duties as assigned.
Requirements – Who You Are:
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- You have a proactive work ethic and good time management skills.
- You value health and safety! You will always work safely and follow all operational and safety policies/procedures to ensure you and your colleagues go home safely every day.
- You look at problems as an opportunity to find a solution and love solving them!
- You value working as a team, communicate concerns, and are accepting of change.
- You can work independently, multitask, and maintain an organized workplace.
- You have beginner level computer abilities including basic understanding and experience using Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- You have a High School diploma or GED.
- You are seasoned in the working-world and have at least one year of on-the-job experience in any field.
- You have good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Chilly warehouse? Driving a forklift for an extended period of time? No problem! You love to get out there and work hard in different environments!
- You are willing and able to lift up to 50 lbs. and complete work that involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting with or without reasonable accommodation. You understand that delivering to our customers on-time keeps us viable and are willing and able to work a rotating shift and overtime hours (including weekend work as needed) to meet business needs and support achieving those goals.
Preferences – It Would Be Great If You Have:
- At least one year of experience and/or education in operations, manufacturing, agriculture or warehousing.
- Forklift operation experience.
- Associate's Degree or two-year Trade School Degree.
- Knowledge of production agriculture and production plant operations.
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team. Start by applying to this opportunity today!