Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for a Production Technician to join our company. We welcome applicants from all industry backgrounds with stable employment history, great work ethic, and an eagerness to learn! Come join our team in an industry that provides amazing challenges and a variety of work and enjoy top pay, top benefits, and a great work environment. We welcome candidates who want to grow their career with us. We have a clean, high-quality facility and commit to the safety of all our team members, so we ensure employees go home safely to their families each day.
Never encounter a boring day when you work with us. Our activities and tasks vary with the agricultural season cycle.
In this role, you will perform a variety of tasks associated with general plant operations and field activities that will evolve with each season throughout the year. You will be responsible for setting up and monitoring highly automated equipment for various processes such as harvest, conditioning, treating, and packing.
$1,500 SIGN ON BONUS!
Responsibilities - What You Will Do:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Harvest activities such as preparation, receiving, pre-cleaning etc.
- Conditioning activities such as gravity operation, packaging, palletizing, etc.
- Return and rework activities.
- Field management activities such as scouting, field maintenance.
- Warehousing activities including forklift operation, collecting samples, pooling, etc.
- Gathering data for future aid in continuous improvement projects.
- Various other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Requirements- Who You Are:
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- You have a High School Diploma or GED.
- You have a high attention to detail.
- You must possess a valid driver’s license, so you will be able drive company vehicles when needed and may be required to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) in the future.
- You are willing and able to work in a variety of areas (field, plant, warehouse). You enjoy working hard and staying busy.
- You want to work for a company where you can make a difference. Growing your skills and career are extremely important and with a company like Corteva you have the opportunity to do that.
- You are willing and able to do the following with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Climb and/or work in elevated areas.
- Stand and sit for extended periods.
- Work both outdoors and indoors in hot, cold, wet and dry conditions.
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Complete work that involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting.
- When you see a problem, you look for a way to suggest fixing it; you’re solution focused.
- You value the safety of yourself and your co-workers and will eagerly participate in safe work practices, on-the-job safety, and work safety programs.
- You are willing and able to work overtime hours including weekend work required to meet business needs during peak seasons.
- You are willing and able to work shift work as needed.
- 1+ years of on-the-job experience in manufacturing, production, operations, agriculture or related filed OR an Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study.
- Strong working knowledge of lean manufacturing principles such as 5S, Continuous Improvement and Standardized Work.
- Knowledge and/or experience of general agriculture, production agriculture and production plant operations.
- Knowledge of field equipment, agriculture equipment and fork trucks.
- Computer systems and tools knowledge.
- Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Teamwork skills.
- Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!