At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter what your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – solving the world’s food problems through innovation, technology, and putting people first. We have an exciting opportunity for a Production Technician to join our company at our Constantine, MI production facility. We offer all the benefits that a Fortune 500 company has to offer while also providing a community feel. The inclusive, motivated team in Constantine offers a safe and innovative work environment that allows for personal and professional growth.
Want better work-life balance than 24/7 year-round widget manufacturing allows? Only during peak season (September-March) this plant runs a 24/6 or a 24/7 schedule based on demand. Shift hours can be 8 or 12 hours depending on which schedule is utilized. We are looking for candidates who take initiative, love to learn, work hard, and have a stable work history. Candidates from all industry backgrounds are encouraged to apply!
*Please note there is NO relocation allowance or visa sponsorship available for this position.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Enjoy competitive wages starting at $20/hr based on qualifications, education, and experience.
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits; new hires start with 4 weeks off each year. We also have excellent paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your FIRST day of employment.
- And much, much more!
Responsibilities – What You Will Do:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Harvest activities such as preparation, husk sort oversight, drying, shelling etc.
- Conditioning activities such as sizing, gravity operation, packaging, palletizing, etc.
- Return and rework activities.
- Field management activities such as scouting, field maintenance.
- Warehousing activities including forklift operation, collecting samples, pooling, etc.
- Gathering data for future aid in continuous improvement projects.
- Various other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Requirements- Who you Are:
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- You have proactive work ethic and good time management skills!
- You value health and safety! You will always work safely and follow all safety policies and procedures to ensure you and your colleagues go home safely every day.
- You look at problems as a way to find a solution and love solving them!
- You value working as a team, are proactive, communicate concerns, and are accepting of change.
- You can work independently, multitask, and maintain an organized workplace.
- You have your High School Diploma/GED OR are willing and able to obtain your GED within 6 months of hire as a condition of employment.
- You have a valid Driver’s license so you are able to drive a company vehicle to field locations when needed.
- Chilly warehouse? Dusty fields? No problem! You love to get out there and work hard in different environments! You are also willing and able to lift up to 50 lbs. and complete work that involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting with or without reasonable accommodation.
- You understand that delivering to our customers on-time keeps us viable and are willing and able to work a rotating shift and work overtime hours including weekend work required during seasonal peaks to support achieving those goals.
Preferences – It Would Be Great If You Have:
- At least one year of experience and/or education in operations, manufacturing, agriculture or warehousing.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles such as 5S, Continuous Improvement and Standardized Work.
- Forklift operation experience.
- Knowledge of agriculture experience.
- WMS and SAP system experience.
- Computer aptitude including use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!