!!NOW OFFERING $1,500 SIGN ON BONUS!!
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter what your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – solving the world’s food problems through innovation, technology, and putting people first. Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for a Production Technician to join our company at our soybean production facility in Cherokee, IA. We welcome applicants from all industry backgrounds with stable employment history, great work ethic, and an eagerness to learn, to come grow their career with us! In this role, you will perform a variety of tasks associated with general plant operations and field activities that will evolve with each season throughout the year. You will be responsible for setting up and monitoring highly automated equipment for various processes such as harvest, conditioning, treating, and packing.
*Please note there is NO relocation allowance or visa sponsorship available for this position.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Earn wages starting at $21-$24 per hour depending on qualifications and experience.
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits; new hires start with 4 weeks off each year. We also have excellent paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
- And much, much more!
Responsibilities - What You Will Do:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Harvest activities such as preparation, receiving, pre-cleaning etc.
- Conditioning activities such as gravity operation, packaging, palletizing, treating, etc.
- Box wash, Return and Rework activities.
- Field management activities such as field scouting and inspecting.
- Warehousing activities including forklift operation, collecting samples, pooling, etc.
- Various other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Requirements- Who You Are:
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- You have a High School Diploma or GED.
- You have high attention to detail.
- You have a valid US driver’s license, so you will be able drive company vehicles when needed.
- You are willing and able to work in a variety of areas (field, plant, warehouse). You enjoy working hard and staying busy.
- You are willing and able to do the following with or without reasonable accommodation: Climb and/or work in elevated areas, Stand and sit for extended periods, Work both outdoors and indoors in hot, cold, wet and dry conditions, Lift up to 50 lbs, and perform work that involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting.
- When you see a problem, you look for a way to suggest fixing it; you are solutions focused.
- You value the safety of yourself and your co-workers and will eagerly participate in safe work practices, on-the-job safety, and work safety programs.
- You are willing and able to work overtime hours including weekend work when required to meet business needs (weekend work only during peak seasons).
- You are willing and able to work shift work as needed to support production.
Preferences – It Would Be Great If You Have:
- 1+ years of education/experience in agriculture, manufacturing, production or operations.
- Strong working knowledge of lean manufacturing principles such as 5S, Continuous Improvement and Standardized Work.
- Forklift experience.
- Basic computer skills.
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!