Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for a Production Technician to join our company at the Woodhull, IL commercial corn and soybean production facility. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: In this role, you will perform a variety of tasks associated with general plant operations and possible field activities that will evolve with each season throughout the year. You will be responsible for setting up and monitoring highly automated equipment for various processes such as harvest, conditioning, treating and packaging.
$750 SIGN ON BONUS!
Corteva Agriscience offers and excellent benefits package that begins on your first day of employment. This includes a generous 401k match, health and dental insurance, 20 days of vacation, a variable bonus plan, and much more. We are looking for candidates who take initiative, love to learn, work hard, and have stable work history. Please ensure you attach an updated copy of your resume with your application for full consideration.
During peak seasons (September – April) the Woodhull production plant runs a 24/6 or 24/7 schedule based on demand. Shift hours can be 8 to 12 hours depending on which schedule is utilized. Rotating 8 to 12 hours shifts happen also. Then we stagger down shifts the remaining months of the year.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Model safety as the number one focus
- 100% Safety Steward of a designated program
- Support a business needs first concept
- Support the oversight of receiving, conditioning, packaging, harvest, retun, pre-cleaning. Possible field scouting/and or final field, and warehousing operations to maximize material flow and process efficiencies
- Monitor product quality and ensure activities meet the requirements of the Quality Plans
- Ensure direct materials are available for process orders.
- Help manage bulk and bagged seed inventories and assist with product movement activities
- Ensure cleanliness and orderliness of the workplace
- Ensure operator preventative maintenance tasks are completed timely
- Ensure employees are properly trained on job duties and equipment as assigned
- Support forward plans of oncoming shift and work with other leaders to coordinate workflow and allocation of resources between shifts and departments
- Foster harmonious communications within the shift and between shifts. Duties and responsibilities will evolve throughout the year
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Software knowledgeable Microsoft Packages.
- Tool knowledge
- Willing and able to work in a variety of areas (field, plant, warehouse)
- Willing and able to climb and/or work in elevated areas; standing and sitting for extended periods
- Willing and able to work both outdoors and indoors in hot, cold, wet and dry conditions
- Willing and able to lift up to 60 lbs. and complete work that involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting
- Willingness and ability to work overtime hours including weekend work required during seasonal peaks
- Teamwork skills
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles such as 5S, Continuous improvement and Standardized Work are a plus
- Knowledge of production agriculture and production plant operations desired
- Knowledge of field equipment desired
- Good verbal and interpersonal communication skill
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!