The Role & Local Community:
We care about you and we care that you're comfortable. While there's no place like home, Corteva comes close.
At Corte/ va Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter what your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – solving the world’s food problems through innovation, technology, and putting people first. We have an exciting opportunity for a Production Technician ($1,500 Sign-On Bonus!) to join our organization at our Reinbeck, IA production location. You will never be bored at our Reinbeck, IA production plant as our seed corn facility offers diversity of tasks and activities year-round! Here at Reinbeck, we take pride in the quality of our work and the safety of all of our team members. We welcome candidates from all industry backgrounds who want to grow their career with us! We are looking for candidates who take initiative, love to learn, work hard, and have stable work history. If this sounds like you, we can’t wait to see your application, so apply today!
$1,500 SIGN ON BONUS!
$20-$24/hr starting wage
Responsibilities - What You Will Do:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Harvest activities such as preparation, husk sort oversight, drying, shelling etc.
- Conditioning activities such as sizing, gravity operation, packaging, palletizing, etc.
- Return and rework activities.
- Field management activities such as scouting, field maintenance.
- Use automation and computerized systems to perform work tasks (computers and iPads).
- Warehousing activities including forklift operation, collecting samples, pooling, etc.
- Gathering data for future aid in continuous improvement projects.
- Various other duties as assigned by supervisor.
During peak season (September-March) the Reinbeck production plant runs a 24/6 or 24/7 schedule based on demand. Shift hours can be 8 to 12 hours depending on which schedule is utilized. Our operations stagger down to one shift during summer months. Six day weeks and extended hours are often required during our detassling season in July.
Requirements - Who You Are:
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- You have proactive work ethic and good time management skills!
- You value health and safety! You will always work safety and follow all safety policies and procedures to ensure you and your colleagues go home safely every day.
- You look at problems as a way to find a solution and love solving them!
- You value working as a team, are proactive, communicate concerns, and are accepting of change.
- You can work independently, multitask, and maintain an organized workplace.
- You have your High School Diploma or GED.
- You are seasoned in the working-world and have at least one year of on-the-job experience in any field.
- You have a valid Driver’s license so you are able to drive a company vehicle to field locations when needed.
- Chilly warehouse? Dusty fields? No problem! You love to get out there and work hard in different environments! You are also willing and able to lift up to 50 lbs. and complete work that involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting with or without reasonable accommodation.
- You understand that delivering to our customers on-time keeps us viable and are willing and able to work a rotating shift and work overtime hours including weekend work required during seasonal peaks to support achieving those goals.
Preferences – It Would Be Great If You Have:
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles such as 5S, Continuous Improvement and Standardized Work.
- Forklift operation experience.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!