The Role & LocalCommunity:
We care about you and wecare that you're comfortable. While there's no place like home, Corteva comesclose.
At Corteva Agriscience,you will help us grow whats next. No matter what your role, you will be partof a team that is building the future of agriculture solving the worlds foodproblems through innovation, technology, and putting people first. CortevaAgriscience has an exciting opportunity for a Production Technician to join ourcompany at our soybean production facility in Cherokee, IA. We welcomeapplicants from all industry backgrounds with stable employment history, greatwork ethic, and an eagerness to learn! Come join our team in an industrythat provides amazing challenges and a variety of work and enjoy top pay, topbenefits, and a great work environment. We welcome candidates who want to growtheir career with us. We have a clean, high-quality facility and commit to thesafety of all our team members, so we ensure employees go home safely to theirfamilies each day.
Never encounter a boringday when you work with us. Our activities and tasks vary with the agriculturalseason cycle.
In this role, you willperform a variety of tasks associated with general plant operations and fieldactivities that will evolve with each season throughout the year. You will beresponsible for setting up and monitoring highly automated equipment forvarious processes such as harvest, conditioning, treating, and packing.
During peak season(September-April) the Cherokee production plant runs a 24/6 or 24/7 schedulebased on demand. Shift hours can be 8 to 12 hours depending on which scheduleis utilized. Then we stagger down shifts the remaining months of the year.
Lets peek at how youcan grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
- Earn wages starting at $19-24 per hour depending on qualifications and experience.
- And much, much more!
Responsibilities - WhatYou Will Do:
How will you help usgrow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Harvest activities such as preparation, receiving, pre-cleaning etc.
- Conditioning activities such as gravity operation, packaging, palletizing, etc.
- Return and rework activities.
- Field management activities such as scouting, field maintenance.
- Warehousing activities including forklift operation, collecting samples, pooling, etc.
- Gathering data for future aid in continuous improvement projects.
- Various other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Requirements- Who YouAre:
What expertise have yougrown? What do you bring to the table?
- You have a High School Diploma or GED.
- You have a high attention to detail.
- You must possess a valid drivers license, so you will be able drive company vehicles when needed and may be required to obtain a Commercial Drivers License (CDL) in the future.
- You are willing and able to work in a variety of areas (field, plant, warehouse). You enjoy working hard and staying busy.
- You want to work for a company where you can make a difference. Growing your skills and career are extremely important and with a company like Corteva you have the opportunity to do that.
- You are willing and able to do the following with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Climb and/or work in elevated areas.
- Stand and sit for extended periods.
- Work both outdoors and indoors in hot, cold, wet and dry conditions.
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Complete work that involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting.
- When you see a problem, you look for a way to suggest fixing it; youre solution focused.
- You value the safety of yourself and your co-workers and will eagerly participate in safe work practices, on-the-job safety, and work safety programs.
- You are willing and able to work overtime hours including weekend work required to meet business needs during peak seasons.
- You are willing and able to work shift work as needed.
- 1+ years of on-the-job experience in manufacturing, production, operations, agriculture or related filed OR an Associates or Bachelors degree in a relevant field of study.
- Strong working knowledge of lean manufacturing principles such as 5S, Continuous Improvement and Standardized Work.
- Knowledge and/or experience of general agriculture, production agriculture and production plant operations.
- Knowledge of field equipment, agriculture equipment and fork trucks.
- Computer systems and tools knowledge.
- Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Teamwork skills.
Ready to grow yourperspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!