The Role & Local Community:
We care about you and we care that you're comfortable. While there's no place like home, Corteva comes close.
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow whats next. No matter what your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture solving the worlds food problems through innovation, technology, and putting people first. Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for Production Technicians ($750 Sign-On Bonus!) to join our team at our production facility in Hedrick, IA. Come join our industry leading and market shaping company to be part of helping to feed the world! At the Hedrick site, you can be sure that your work will always be rewarding and challenging. With the variable nature of our business season-to-season, we have variety of activities and tasks so you will never be bored. If you value a business and team with high ethical standards and a strong safety culture, then this is the place for you! We welcome candidates from any industry who want to develop their career! Come grow your career with Corteva, where you'll have opportunities to nurture your passion and use your talents to help solve some of the biggest challenges facing the world today. We are looking for candidates who take initiative, love to learn, work hard, and have stable work history.
Lets peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
- And much, much more!
Responsibilities - What You Will Do:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Perform a variety of tasks in a production plant and seed lab environment including setting up and monitoring highly automated equipment for various processes such as harvest, conditioning, treating, and packing, as well as processing samples and data entry.
- Harvest activities such as preparation, sorting, drying, etc.
- Conditioning activities such as sizing, gravity operation, bagging, palletizing, etc.
- Return and rework activities.
- Field management activities such as scouting, field maintenance.
- Warehousing activities including forklift operation, collecting samples, pooling, etc.
- Gather data for continuous improvement projects.
- Various other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Requirements - Who You Are:
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- You love variety of tasks as well as enjoy working hard and staying busy!
- You want to work somewhere doing something where you can make a difference in the world!
- Growing your skills and your career is extremely important to you and youre looking for a company like Corteva where you have the opportunity to do just that!
- You have your High School Diploma or GED.
- Have good computer and Microsoft Office skills.
- You enjoy working hard and have two or more years of on-the-job working experience.
- When you see a problem, you look for a way to fix it, youre solutions focused.
- You have a valid drivers license, so you will be able to drive company vehicles on-assignment when needed, like field inspections or detassling in the summer.
- You value the safety of yourself and your co-workers and will eagerly participate in safe work practices, on-the-job safety, and work safety programs.
- Chilly warehouse? Dusty field inspections? No problem! You love to get out there and be in the heart of operations with your team and work hard!
- You always are willing to help out and physical work isnt a problem for youPassing by a team member struggling to lift something? Safety is your top priority and you are willing and able to lift up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations to help your colleague and/or perform necessary job tasks!
- You understand that the companys viability and performance is directly tied to your job security, so you are willing and able to work shift work and overtime including nights and weekends to meet business needs during peak season.
- You always put your best foot forward and have great attention to detail, so you have submitted your updated resume with your application to this opportunity.
You have 2+ years of on-the-job manufacturing, operations, production, agriculture, or related experience.
Are Associates or Bachelor Degreed.
You have working knowledge of lean manufacturing principles such as 5S, Continuous Improvement and Standardized Work.
You have some form of leadership experience.
You have general agriculture knowledge and/or experience.
You have experience with field equipment, agriculture equipment and Fork Trucks.
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!