Local Community & The Role:
We care about you and we care that you're comfortable. While there's no place like home, Corteva comes close.
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow whats next. No matter what your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture solving the worlds food problems through innovation, technology, and putting people first. Corteva has an exciting opportunity for Production Technicians to join our team at our Tipton, IN triple-crop production facility. The Tipton site has semi-autonomous work teams implemented, so this is the perfect site for top performing candidates who are looking to grow or launch their career. If you want to work with knowledgeable colleagues who take pride in their work and excel at everything they do, then this is the perfect opportunity for you! We welcome candidates who want to grow their career with us! We are looking for candidates who take initiative, love to learn, work hard, and have stable work history. Please ensure you attach an updated copy of your resume with your application for full consideration.
The Tipton production location runs various production schedules during peak season, September through March each year. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
24/7 operations, running 12 hour shifts (3 days on, 2 days off, 2 days on, 3 days off) rotating days and nights.
24/5 or 24/6 operations, running three 8 hour shifts (5-6 days per week, with 1-2 days off) rotating shifts.
During off-peak months, April through August, the site staggers down to an 8 hour day shift schedule with occasional overtime when needed. This provides a much better work-life balance than other manufacturing roles and opportunities! So dont miss out, apply today!
Lets peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
- And much, much more!
Responsibilities What You Will Do:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Harvest activities such as preparation, sorting, drying, etc.
- Conditioning activities such as sizing, gravity operation, packaging, palletizing, etc.
- Return and rework activities.
- Quality Analysis & Control activities.
- Field management activities such as scouting, field maintenance.
- Warehousing activities including forklift operation, collecting samples, pooling, etc.
- Gathering data for continuous improvement projects.
- Various other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Requirements Who You Are:
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- You love variety of tasks as well as enjoy working hard and staying busy!
- You want to work somewhere doing something where you can make a difference in the world!
- Growing your skills and your career is extremely important to you and youre looking for a company like Corteva where you have the opportunity to do just that!
- You have your High School Diploma or GED.
- You enjoy working hard and have two or more years of on-the-job working experience.
- When you see a problem, you look for a way to fix it, youre solutions focused.
- You are comfortable using computers and software, like Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Etc.
- You have a valid drivers license, so you will be able to drive company vehicles on-assignment when needed, like field inspections or bin sampling.
- You value the safety of yourself and your co-workers and will eagerly participate in safe work practices, on-the-job safety, and work safety programs.
- Chilly warehouse? Dusty field inspections? No problem! You love to get out there and be in the heart of operations with your team and work hard!
- You always are willing to help out and physical work isnt a problem for youPassing by a team member struggling to lift something? Safety is your top priority and you are willing and able to lift up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations to help your colleague and/or perform necessary job tasks!
- You understand that the companys viability and performance is directly tied to your job security, so you are willing and able to work shift work and overtime including nights and weekends to meet business needs during peak season.
- You always put your best foot forward and have great attention to detail, so you have submitted your updated resume with your application to this opportunity.
Preferences It Would Be Great If You:
- Have two or more years of on-the-job manufacturing, operations, production, agriculture, or related experience.
- Are Associates or Bachelor Degreed.
- Have working knowledge of lean manufacturing principles such as 5S, Continuous Improvement and Standardized Work.
- Have some form of leadership experience.
- Have general agriculture knowledge and/or experience.
- Have experience with field equipment, agriculture equipment and Fork Trucks.
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!