Are you ready to grow your career and take on a new challenge? If so, Production Technician role may be the perfect opportunity for you. Here at Corteva Agriscience, we are growing whats next by building the future of agriculture leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of both science and technology (thats where you come in!) that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of mankind.
Our unique production location offers the opportunity to impact our business and customers by producing premium products of corn. Plus, with the variation of tasks in our operations by season, you will have the opportunity to continuously learn, contribute your ideas, and take steps to advance your career.
What you will do:
- Harvest activities involved from green corn receiving to shelling and bulk storage.
- Conditioning activities such as cleaning and sizing, treating and packaging, palletizing, wrapping and sampling. Could involve process orders, tag printing, grading, data entry and documentation of government records.
- Treating activities involved with the treatment of corn, soybeans and wheat.
- Shipping/receiving, interplant movement, warehousing, and inventory management of bulk and bagged seed, including safe and efficient operation of forklift.
- Return and rework activities from sorting to repackaging.
- Repair and maintenance on plant equipment as required.
- Will include operation and use of PLC equipment and forklift.
- Compliance with safety and quality standards.
What expertise have you grown? What is required from you?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Competent computer skills
- Must be mechanically inclined, organized, self-motivated, flexible, and able to work with limited supervision
- Ability to climb and/or work in elevated areas; standing and sitting for extended periods
- Willingness to work both outdoors and indoors in hot, cold, wet and dry conditions
- Must be willing and able to work Shift Hours
- Ability to work overtime hours including weekend work required during seasonal peaks
- Valid Class "G" driver's license
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds
The following are preferred:
- Knowledge of production agriculture and production plant operations.
Lets peek at how you can grow your well-being, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!